National 12 - find out more...

Trent Valley 12 Sept

Started by paul turner, 31 Aug 2010, 08:29

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings - Sunday 12 September is Trent Valley's mega-open meeting with separate series of 3 races for Vintage yots (qualifying for the Witchcraft Bailer) and all 4P,AC and DB boats (separate prizes) all counting as the last of the Midland Area Armada Trophy ("Rivers & Ponds" series 2010) - how could you possible miss this one??????? :)
Three vintage have already entered, namely Brian Herring N1673 (Mk 4a), Martin Clarke (Starfish) and Graham Camm (N2399 Mr Jones) plus two Trent Valley boats being probably Dave & Tricia in their Paradigm (although we have a vintage fall back from the Turner Collection ready in case the new rudder doesnt appear in time!) and James Clarke in my Microclipper. 8)
Please let me know if you are joining us to sail (or just watch/gossip) to help with catering etc.
Paul (still out of action!):K) 07710 324 800 or email Paul.turner@lingphipp.co.uk">paul.turner@lingphipp.co.uk

Chadders

Triarda N2266 will be coming out to play too Paul so count us in please.  Hmm better get on with that varnishing I have been threatening to do!

paul turner

Looks like we are now up to 10 (ten!) already saying that they are coming! We would like to do even better than the 17 last year! Saddly the repairs to Starfish will not be finished for the 12th. If anyone is holding back through lack of crew, please call me. P:K)

tom white

I and Maz should be there in shed :D cant wait :D so heres one more boat for the list :)

Tom White (N2765)

GC

Sorry Paul but can't make this one
Hopefully back next year
Gerald & Nick 3411 & 3280

paul turner

Hi Gerald - have tried to email you but can't get it to send, quote from email from Mr Brookman below. PlLease tell me that you have the trophy.  07710 324 800 :K) Hopefully Dave P has the main pot!
The Midland Mug was won by Gerald Copsey in 2009.  This trophy is for the Admiral's Cup type boats and was not at TVSC for presentation at last year's event.  Presume that it is now with Gerald?  This is the only trophy for vintage/AC.
Dave Peacock won the Armada Trophy in 2009.  This is the small silver plate mounted on a wooden plinth awarded to the winner of the series.

tom white

Hi Paul i know its nothing to do with trent but do you know who has the redesmere trophy?
thanks

Tom White

Chadders

Big Thankyou to Trent Valley officers committee and race team as well as to Paul Turner for a great open meeting.  Congratulations to Tom White and his crew on dominating the all comers race and to Graham Camm and his crew for dominating the vintage fleet in Shotgun after her relaunch following 30 years on dry land.  A great event thank you all, we look forward to a full report in due course (Paul?)

n12 Bottom Banner