National 12 - find out more...

Lifting rudder for Tigress wanted

Started by Jimbo41, 18 Nov 2005, 09:35

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Mark,
Thanks very much for the tip. I shall try that when Nutty Shell comes out of hibernation at the end of the thaw in March, our season start here. Today we got our first taste of heavy snow in the Alps :D with more to come (now where are my skis? ;D )

Richard

Jimbo
For your "New" rudder try looking on e-bay lots of other classes rudder stocks will fit a N12. I have in the last few months bought two (Fireball/Contender) both fitted with out moving the transom fittings. But a word of warning if buying the old Rondar type of stock check to make sure the top pintle is not loose in the alluminium stock.
Richard  8)

grazz

Jim, Since my brother went to New Zealand I've got a loft full of carbon bits and bobs. At the last rudder count I had:

1 rotating lifting rudder (carbon)
1 dagger board style lifting rudder (carbon - needs finishing)
1 fixed rudder (wood and glass laminated)

Would any of these be of interest?

Graham

Jimbo41

Graham, that's really good.
I'd be interested in the rotating carbon lifting rudder, as well as the fixed rudder but the question is, would they fit the transom fittings of my Tigress (N3130)? I don't want to mess things up, since I'm using the fittings bolts to fix 2 upright stainless steel plates as a transom strengthener - one of the previous owners forgot to detach the rudder before running aground - OUCH!. If you give me the dimensions esp. of the fittings, I could then see if the rudder would fit. What sort of price were you thinking of? I'd pay the shipment to Munich. Alternatively, I might be flying over for the Burton Week in August to meet the rest of the association since my Parents live in the SW (If anyone needs a heavy but fit crew (13St) to hike out on a windy day......)
You have my email address.

Jim.

n12 Bottom Banner