National 12 - find out more...

A new 12 Virgin

Started by fleaberto, 20 May 2012, 10:23

« previous - next »

fleaberto

Hi all,
I've just become the new owner of N3124 - a Chain Lightning design that appears to be the only one?
Anyway, I'm totally new to the 12 and it's already something of a learning curve!
The boat has been re-named 'No half measures' and has been beautifully refurbed with a spectacular paint job 8)
I sail at Manor Park SC in Staffordshire, near Lichfield.
If I get this right, here's a couple of pictures.....

Red Hot Pudding

Hi, the boat looks fantastic. I'm sure you'll have great fun sailing her. We have a fleet at Midland S.C. on Edgbaston reservoir in Birmingham and there's also good fleets at Olton Mere in Solihull. Trent Valley, near Nottingham and many other owners reasonably local to Lichfield. You'd be welcome to come along to Midland and give it a go and have a chat with our 12 sailors. There's lots of advice and practical help in this class. It would be good to see you around sometime. good luck with your new acquisition.
Ian 3316 - Wot More Pudding

benb

Hi Fleaberto, sadly I dont own a 12 at the moment but Im working on that one! Many moons ago I sailed my first 12 at MPSC and before the 12, topper / Mirrors.  I've always thought it would be a great venue for 12s and they should do really well. At the time I didnt really have the best design for the water or the experience to get it to go quickly.  Any way good luck with it, the boat looks great from the photos.
Ben

fleaberto

Hi Ben,
Yeah, the twelve has been a long time in 'persuasion' ;) Our former commodore has said - ever since I joined MPSC as a beginner some 3yrs ago that a twelve would be ideal on our water.
3 lakes, all interlinked, with the biggest being the 'racing lake'. It's a beautiful setting too. Out in the countryside, lots of wildlife and a river to cross for access to the big lake....I love it.
Only had this boat for a couple of weeks - I swapped a Dart 15 for it - so still learning (especially rear sheeting!)
I race a Lightning368 on the traveller circuit too, not sure I'll get to any twelve events - but you never know! :)

Cheers
Lee

n12 Bottom Banner