National 12 - find out more...

Burghfield SC Open 2011-26th March

Started by Jeremy C, 08 Mar 2011, 10:29

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

A little late in getting this together but was a bit busy with the dinghy show.

event info:
3 races (1 discard) as usual, starting from 11am, with 2 back to back in the afternoon.

We are again operating a pre-registration form which allows us to plan for the event so if you are thinking of coming we would appreciate it if you would register using the link below. Pre-registr5ation does not tie you in to the event as payment is still made on the day. Cakes and tea will be available at the end of the day on top of our usual breakfast and lunch catering.

http://www.burghfieldsailing.org/p343

The Burghfield Open this year is a week after the first Gill event at the Hamble, so if you are planning on going to the Hamble event why not drop your boat off at BSC on the way past if it is on your route home, and then copme and join us the following week. You can leave your boat for free for the week in our secure compound.

Hope to see you there, if you have any queries plase feel free to get in touch:
Jeremy@designs42.net
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jon M

3415 pre registered. Picking the boat up this w/e.
Anyone want to crew?
Jon
3415 WIld Thing

tom lee

Tom<br />N3545

GC

Nick & Naomi will be there with 3411. I will be watching again.
Gerald

Jeremy C

Whole bunch of others coming who are not on this list but have told me they will be there, Tom, Jono & Charl, Graham and Zoe, Dave and Tricia plus some local boats, so why not join in ......
would be good to see a few paradigms dropping by

Naomi, do you know of anyone at OMSC who would like to come down with you and crew a 12, Jonathan Moon desperate to get his new purchase on the water
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Naomi (Guest)

Afraid I cant offer to bring anyone down from OMSC as I will be driving from Uni (north london) another time it may be that I could bring someone along with me!

Jeremy C

Crew sorted,

If anyone wants to come along but can't be bothered to bring a boat, I have my final chapter ( 3408 ) available to borrow as we'll be in the foolish.

just post here or get in contact direct from the handbook.

:)

GC

Hi Jeremy
Would love the chance of a sail if boat still available, would make a change from watching.
Thanks
Gerald & Tanya

Jeremy C

Gerald,

its all yours!

Great news, I hated the thought of it sitting in the dinghy park whilst it could be on the water. Its ready to go at the club, just needs the sails putting up and I have just finished pimping up the rudder a bit so ready to go. I'll sign you into the pre-booking system with it.
pic below!, Naomi will love the Pink centre board!

J.C.

GC

Thanks Jeremy.
See you tomorrow.
Gerald

GC

Many thanks to Burghfield for giving us a sail in difficult conditions which meant a 1pm start. Special thanks to Jeremy for the use of his spare boat, it was good to get a sail.
Congratulations to Graham and zoe on winning.
Thanks to Graham for helping Nick with his A Level project (Rudder stock) which meant a relatively short 20 mile detour on the way home(well worth it). Finally home at 10pm after leaving home at 7.30am.
Unfortunately too late to help Frances with dads 80th birthday party preparations which meant everything went smoothly today.
Gerald       

Jon M

Thanks to all at BSC...great to get out on the water...
Any tips on how to make a Wild front ear go??

Jeremy C

Thanks for hanging around for the testing and eclectic range of conditions everybody!
The sailing might have been somewhat erratic but it was great to see you all and sit in the sun and catch up!

It was great to see such a wide range of designs at the event:
3 DCB's
1 Paradigm,
1 Foolish
2 chapters,
1 Baggy
1 Wild Front Ear
2 Crusaders
and a Cheshire cat

Also good to see new faces out there, hope to see you at the next event.....
A little bit of video from the first race, unfortunately the camera ran out of memory before the wind got up at the end of the day.... :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB8_ygnGNPU

n12 Bottom Banner