Aldeburgh

Started by hp, 12 Jun 2006, 05:39

« previous - next »

hp

Is anyone from the South East going to Aldeburgh who could give Guy
Pelling
a lift on the Saturday morning? We can meet you at a suitable A12

Antony (Guest)

Aldeburgh YC open meeting is on 24/25th, so it is now just over a week until you can race your beloved National Twelve on the lovely River Alde.  Details as follows:

Saturday
13.30 start for 2 back to back races.  There will be a briefing at about 13.00.
Sunday
11.00 start for one race, and then two more after an early lunch.

As usual the event will be very relaxed and friendly, so come and join in.  Camping is available, and the town is full of B&Bs etc.  Sadly we are a bit short of places to stay ourselves otherwise I would offer floorspace!

Any questions give me a call (number in book) or email antonygifford@aol.com

Antony (Guest)

The forecast is pretty good, certainly sunny and that should mean a sea breeze given how close to the sea we are!

The evening plan is a tirp to the finest Fish & Chip shop in the East, a relaxe alternative to the usual sit down dinner.  This might not sound like much, but people travel hundreds of miles to frequent this establishment.

Antony

Antony Gifford (Guest)

A lovely weekend to be on the river.  Results as follows:

1st  Antony & Jo Gifford, N3484
2nd Jon and Char Ibbotson, N3494
3rd Paul & Guy Pelling, N3457 (?)

The site of an Uffa King on the river made it special for a couple of the older locals, so thanks to Jonathan Reubin for bringing her along.

The fish and chips on the beach were excellent.

JonathanReubin

I only sailed on Saturday which was hot and sunny with a nice gentlish wind for me sailing 443 singlehanded.  I hope that next year soem vintagers can make this venue.  It seems ideal for the older boats.  I didn't have time to say thanks so could Anthony please pass these on to the club for me.

n12 Bottom Banner