National 12 - find out more...

A Date for your Diary

Started by angus, 10 May 2006, 08:26

« previous - next »

angus

Tummel week 23rd to 28th July a great family week with fun for everbody, and if you come that will make it aleast 3 12's. Last year we won a t shirt, my son did his first munro, came last in a raft race, went to see treasure island, helped his old dad come second in one race (No mean feat as anyone who was at Annandale will know), and lots of other things. And if you've got an old 12 you should get the age related handicap if you asked nicely.
www.lochtummelsailingclub.co.uk
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

MarkSimpson

Hi Angus
It was good to see a Tummel N12 at Annandale the other week.  We've got the cottage and baby sitters are booked ready for Tummel week and we're really looking forward to it.

Cheers
Mark, Emma, Toby and ????

icecreamman

Memories of Tummel Week seem now to be coming out of the woodwork. Went there ages ago to do some research on Ice Creams north of the border and managed a bit of sailing with aged parents. Main memory was of the midgies when camping and a sheep scaring the living daylights out of one of my brothers. He has had a penchant for eating lamb ever since.  :)

angus

Tim L (Guest)

In the absence of a 12 (and assuming I'm in the country at the right time...) I'll probably be there in a Europe!

Tim

N3497

angus

Seems like a good time to remind anybody looking for some good sailing next week. apparently The club as invested in a new machine that is supposed to comp midges.

Tim we all have a cross to bare, I nearly bought a europe untila a ToY came up for sail. Now that was really stupid. The one attempt I have had at sailing so far knocked out my few remaining brain cells.

Another attraction of tummel week, I'll let you have a play with my new ToY. ::)

Tim L (Guest)

Now that could be entertaining....

Which 12 have you got Angus?

angus

The only one left at tummel a china doll 2717 (I dont go in for all this flahy modern stuff :D

Jimbo41

Yeah Angus!

Tell Tim about your brass cannons and crows nest.....

angus

I didn't tell you that I tried an exocet, but it set fire to my jib and singed my crews eye brows.
Got to get to the front somehow. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tim L (Guest)

Well, the forecast's looking like perfect China Doll weather so I'll be expecting you to be able to lead me to all the marks...!

angus

Yep that sounds about right, I usually lead the europes round and then they beat me on handicap, Thats why I got stern chasers fitted. Thats unless your sailing a 12 and I probably won't see you for dust (well spray).
I'm going early to practise my 360s last year I did more 360s in one week than I'd done in my life before, only about 10 of them was due to europes. Aleast it wasn't as bad as wat a couple of did two an enterprise, they ganged up on it and holed her!!! :'(

angus

I've just realized its the europes inlands or somthing this weekend I'm away up to get in some target practice. Like Fish in a barrel ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

angus

Back from tummel more or less in one piece, Midges and europes worst ever, midges I could just about survive but europes no chance. Does any body know a good repellent for them. Mark (Simpson) seemed to have the answer and would have given them a resounding thrashing except cancellation of last race (dispite my best efforts) ment he had to count a 10th pushing him back into 2nd place. There were about 8 europes in the first 10 places. :'( :'( :'(,
I won't say where I came they made me sail off the proper handicap this year. :'(

n12 Bottom Banner