National 12 - find out more...

Is your N12 over 30years old?

Started by Paul Turner N2487/3500 (Guest), 01 Mar 2007, 11:46

« previous - next »

Jimbo42

There are plenty of 4-plankers sailing in Bavaria -  none of them sailing 12s!

(AHEM - from the construction point of view I mean!!!! ;D  ;))

Jim

Ken Goddard (Guest)

Hey chaps! There shouldn't be any doubt about which boats qualify as  4-plankers; You haven't read your 2006 Newsletter, pages 40 & 41. It's all there. Just hitch-up and come to Trent Valley on June 30/July 1st for the clubhouse centenary celebrations and again on September 22 for the Vintage & 4-plank Series event!
Ken Goddard
N.2300

THG

Ken - thanks for pointing us in the right direction.  Perhaps there needs to be something on the website too so any new prospective owners know what type of boat they have and what events they may / may not be able to do.  Trent valley is not an official CVDRA event (but supported by them) so the 25 yr rule doesn't apply to be able to sail.

Reminder the 1st vintage / 4 planker event is at South Cerney on 21st April - get that varnish finished off!

Kean

THG

Ken Goddard (Guest)

Mr.Bretherick; If you look under "Dinghy Record" in the Handbook you will find your boat coded as
"kr", the 'r'  meaning round bilge construction. I would have thought that was pretty clear. See also pages 40 and 41 in the annual booklet. as referred to in my previous message. which indicate the main designs which constitute 4-plankers.
Ken Goddard

n12 Bottom Banner