National 12 - find out more...

where to find N12 plans

Started by srcreil, 12 Mar 2007, 07:08

« previous - next »

srcreil

Hi,

I'm Matthew and i would like to find plans to build a wooden N12
If you have any idea about where i can find them, please answer me !
Thanks a lot

M.C.

MikeDay

Matthew - it's a great ambition to build a 12 from scratch - but think and plan carefully first.  Dare Barry is the most experienced amateur builder out there and has learnt lots from all his Puddings - make sure you read his stuff elsewhere on this site and maybe talk to him as well.  I have never contemplated building a Twelve but I do know that getting a new boat to measure does require a degree of care.  As for designs, consult the design guide and then pick your designer.  Bim Daser has more boats winning things than anyone at the moment and will sell you plans for any of his three designs.  He occasionally posts on this site, or I can let you have his email address.  Alternatively, you could go to Phil Morrison, Mike Jackson or indeed Dare himself.  Good luck!

Mike D
N3496

darebarry

THG

Hi - there's a chap called Jim Aldis who is based Cheltenham / Gloucester way - he built a few 12s in his 'youth', some from his own designs.  Perhaps another amateur that may be of help - but has not built any of the nice DBs that Dare has done in more recent times.

His number is in the 12 book, or email me directly and I'll pass his details on.

I'm impressed by anyone that can mange to build a boat that floats!

Where abouts are you based - there may be other peple to help you more local.

Kean
THG

srcreil

hi,

Thank you very much for your replies.
How much do you think i should spend for a light crew 12s plans?
could any of you sell me some plans ?
In fact, I would like to build a plywood 12s.

matthiew

Mikey C

The reality is the only design that could be easily made from ply would be a Final Chapter/ManOWar. I'm not sure of the royalty for either of these but you will need to get in touch with Mike Jackson or Dare Barry directly.
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

DavidW

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

Jimbo41

n12 Bottom Banner