National 12 - find out more...

Start line collision - Inlands

Started by philipcosson, 02 Oct 2006, 02:11

« previous - next »

philipcosson

Hi,

Inlands - I had arrived late at the sart line due to a jib problem and found myself in the middle of the main pack at the start (a situation I generally try to avoid at present). If you are the owner of the Blue boat that my boom came into contact with and probably scratched, please contact me off list and I will attempt to remedy the damage.

Philip
N3253
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

Steve Sallis (Guest)

Philip,
I was me you hit on the start line. I did check when we got ashore and there was a slight scratch, but nothing to worry about. If I worried about every little scratch I would never sail the boat. Also the beauty of a painted finish is that at the next re-paint it will all be gone, so don't worry.

Regards,

Steve Sallis
N3436

janeysailor12

How refreshing to find someone so very honest.  I've had a bee in my bonnet for a while now.  We were "involved" in an altercation at the 70th at Northampton.  Some guy (in a black and white boat) came steaming up to a mark and his toe straps broke, he cannoned into my lovely wooden Crusader and carved a piece out of my gunnel.  After the race we could'nt locate him and when my partner tackled him the next day he denied all knowledge of the incidednt, saying he did'nt remember hitting anyone.  This after his (novice) crew admitted to myself in the changing rooms she'd seen their boat hit ours!!  Shame on you sir...you know who you are (and what's more so do I).  My point is I always belived that sailing was generaly speaking a "gentleman's" sport, I was obviously mistaken in this instance, and anyone with half a concience would have at least apologised or even had a look at the damage to my boat. I would like to add that it was'nt an insurance claim, and we have managed to repair the boat with the much appreciated help and advice of dear Gerry Ledger (who built her), and she's as good as new now.......which is a good thing because if she had been badly damaged someone WOULD have paid and it would'nt have been ME!
Janey....still smiling and still honest

n12 Bottom Banner