National 12 - find out more...

WHAT IS OUR PY??

Started by chopper, 18 Aug 2009, 10:05

« previous - next »

chopper

Hi having dispute with race comitee I thought we should be 1093 but they say its 1092 I know its only a tenth but hey ho it could make a diffrence
  Does anyone have the answer 1092 or 1093
regards Paul

andyp

It changed to 1092 this year didn't it?
At least according to sailwave

Lukepiewalker

You want YR2 from the RYA website. It's available in PDF and Excel formats.

trowser6

Just bought an old  AC'er and plan to sail at a near club where we will be the only 12.  Wondered does this PY apply to all 12's or is there a a different PY for AC's and Vintage 12 's ?
regs
Dave

John Meadowcroft

Hi Dave
It is up to each club to set an appropriate PY. 
However, the National Twelve Owners Association publish suggested PYs for older boats to sail off and if you are not a member of the Association I suggest that you join and get hold of this information which we publish formally in our year book next to the class rules and you can then take it to your sailing committee. 
Join the NTOA now (£5 discount on insurance with Noble Marine if you are a member) and enjoy being part of the organisation that brings you this website, organises events and much much more.  Join now for 2009 and 2010...
Hope it goes well and you are not the only 12 for long.
Cheers
John

JohnMurrell

Dave,

Salcombe has a similar problem in that we have  number of Twelves of varing ages. For club handicap racing they all sail off 1092, however to spice things up a bit we then have an 'in class' handicap race too using the handicaps recommended but the NTOA.

One of the things that I have noticed is that it is the quality of the helm that really counts, not the handicap. Without trying to upset people (!) we often get AC boats beating DB boats on the water. There is no substitute for time on the water, working with your crew to get the best out of the boat

trowser6

Thanks for the advice, guess I need to get on the water and start honing my 12 skills. This will be next weekend, hopefully with slightly less wind as its a bit blowy today. The weather station at a nearby club (RN&SYC) show 23.4 knots with average gust of 32.8 knots
regs
Dave

n12 Bottom Banner