National 12 - find out more...

London Boat Show

Started by Nigel, 06 Mar 2007, 03:29

« previous - next »

Nigel

First of all thank you to all those that have offered to help may the stand.

If there are 12 members out there that might be going the show and would like to spend a few hours on the stand, those on the rota will I'm sure enjoy a break.

Let me know if you are going as the association has a few spare tickets and I can arrange for you to get in free

Ring me on 0796 7171 535 or work 0115 946 7020

Nigel

rick perkins

I visited the show yesterday and it was good to have a chat with the people on the stand ... it's also hats off to the class ass for pulling this off.

I believe many classes were offered a chance to show boats but the 12 was one of two that actually managed to get their act together ... well done to all who will man the stand.

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

davidpeacock

[quote by=rick_perkins link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1168097371,s=1 date=1168100553]I visited the show yesterday and it was good to have a chat with the people on the stand ... it's also hats off to the class ass for pulling this off.

I believe many classes were offered a chance to show boats but the 12 was one of two that actually managed to get their act together ... well done to all who will man the stand.

Rick[/quote]

Tricia and I manned the stand on the last Sunday.  There was a teady trickle of genuine interest plus an old hand Cliff Norbury said he intendss to buy a 12 this year to sail with his son
Dave :)

Antony

Dave,
A big thank you for not only lending your boat, but for making her look so good.  I wondered whether you had built another one on the quiet when I saw her shining away.  Thanks also for being the two that stayed late on Sunday to get the boat and the remaining kit out of the show on Sunday.

We are already followiing up a few leads from the show, with more to collate.

I am guessing it was not Cliff (so presumably Steve?) that you met as the ages sound wrong.

To the point that Rick made, the fact that the association pulled it together was in large part down to the efforts of Nigel May and his impressive list of volunteers that turned up to man the stand.  I was a sceptic that was proved totally wrong about the ability to get it all together.

Antony

rick perkins

[quote by=Antony link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1168097371,s=3 date=1169110716]
I am guessing it was not Cliff (so presumably Steve?) that you met as the ages sound wrong.
[/quote]

That I'd love to see - Steve crewing for his dad in a 12 ...

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Kevin

Rick, it's a shame you were not around for the 70th at Northampton last May when Steve took cliff out in N3373 (the boat Steve won Burton Week in) for a sail. Your dream would have been granted except for the fact that Steve kept hold of the stick.

I have some photos if anyone is interested ......

Kevin

n12 Bottom Banner