National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Week Winners

Started by JohnMurrell, 08 Sep 2009, 01:31

« previous - next »

JohnMurrell

[face=Times New Roman]When I had the Salcombe Regatta trophies back this year I took the opportunity to get the list of the weeks Twelve winners off The Lambury Points Cup. With a bit of digging I have filled in the missing sail numbers off the earlier years, however there are still 3 years that I am missing details of and wonder if there is any one out there who could help![/face]

[face=Times New Roman]Back in 1957 a J N Gammon won the week sailing a boat called Valdora â€" but I can’t see a boat with this name on the database.[/face]

[face=Times New Roman]And the winners in both 1977 & 1979 didn’t get the trophy engraved so they are missing too â€" and the club records don’t help me there either!![/face]

[face=Times New Roman]I have put the list on the SYC website - http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/content/racing-results/national-twelve/[/face]

JohnMurrell

OK, so I should have looked in my old newsletters.................................

Thanks to Mike Day for his reports thro the years!
1977 was won by Graham Pearce in Penny Pussy N2892, 2nd Bruce Johnson in N2709, 3rd Mike Collyer in N2903, 4th Dave Gibbens in N2695, 5th Mike Day in 2470 and 6th Chris Gillard in N2632

1979 and Peter Robinson in TC N3033 won, 2nd was Martin Jones in N3047, 3rd Chris Gillard in N3005, 4th Mike Hoyle in N2802, 5th Jonathan Hill in N2920 and 6th Dave Peacock in N3075

Sad what I keep in the cupboard beside my desk!

n12 Bottom Banner