National 12 - find out more...

South Windermere Open Meeting 17 May

Started by Chadders, 30 Apr 2008, 12:23

« previous - next »

Chadders

[face=Calibri]Just a reminder that we have a Northern Area Open Meeting at South Windermere on Saturday 17th May.[/face]

[face=Calibri]The club has the benefit of some of the best scenery in the country and some challenging winds to keep the racing interesting.  Details of the club can be found on the web site which is:- http://www.swsailing.org/ [/face]

[face=Calibri]The first race is scheduled for 12pm to give time for travelling, rigging and sailing out to the race area. (which can  take circa 20 minutes)  Three races will be sailed back to back with each one in the region of 50+  minutes and the best two will count for the overall result.[/face]

[face=Calibri]This is the first time in many years that we have been to South Windermere and we are hoping for a good turnout.  If you are coming along it would be very helpful if you could either email me or put a comment below so that the club know how many of us to expect.[/face]

[face=Calibri]Look forward to seeing you at South Windermere and good luck to all those heading for Annandale this weekend.[/face]

[face=Calibri]Howard C[/face]
N2, N2266 and N3356  (hchadwick2@talktalk.net)

Roly Mo

Roly will be there.  Great to be going back to this wonderful venue!

Chadders

Looking like 6 or 7 boats currently anyone else coming out to play?  Great tune up for Scaling the week after and then Hykeham after that and then the Naburn Paddle and thats just in the Northern Bit!

Magic Dragon (Guest)

I'm coming to play, all plans allowing.
Eric
3285 Magic Dragon

Tim Gatti

Plan to be there with N2255.  Tim

Tim Gatti

Any idea how many races in total are planned - Howard says they will be run back to back  - is that the first two - or are there two more? Thanks. Tim

Roly Mo

Howard's first post states:
The first race is scheduled for 12pm to give time for travelling, rigging and sailing out to the race area. (which can  take circa 20 minutes)  Three races will be sailed back to back with each one in the region of 50+  minutes and the best two will count for the overall result.   I think Team RM will be taking plenty of food and drink with us out on the water - my crew has a penchant for chocolate bars . . . .  Current forecast is for v light winds (c 5mph) and somewhat cooler (c 7 degrees).
See you there
RM

Brian Herring

Roly Mo

Sounds like Suzy's weather!  See you there,
RM

Chadders

To confirm
Mark Fearnley of the home club said 3 races back to back of circa 50 minutes each.  Looks like I should take Triada if its 5mph then I have a shelf for my sarnies to sit on!
Howard C
see ya at Windermere.

Brian Herring

Look at the weather for South Windermere I might be better off with N1673 Lets Go.
Brian

Chadders

Wow what a great event!  9 boats, some close racing force 1-4 winds sometimes within minutes, and great courses to sail on despite the somewhat shifty wind.  Well done and thanks to South Windermere S.C. to Mark Fearnley for setting it up for us and well done to Bernard Clark on his convincing if hard fought victory. 
Howard C
N2266 on this occasion.;D but next week watch out for Squidgy at Scaling Dam.

Roly Mo

A great days sailing - thank you to everyone who came along and competed.  Some of the best racing for some time and good to be back at SWSC.  Just didn't seem right to be there without Dave and Jennie Davies! 
Roll on Hykeham - nearly there with the modifications to Xanthus's rig . . . and rudder should be finished early next week.   Mental note for future - must not leave things to the last minute . . . .
Mirror sailing tomorrow - will be racing against todays crew (let's hope I wore him out and that he doesn't distract Ellie too much).
RM

n12 Bottom Banner