National 12 - find out more...

Bassenthwaite SC - Bass Week

Started by Phil Brown, 17 Aug 2007, 06:27

« previous - next »

Phil Brown

Didn't make it to Salcombe, sorry guys

Didn't make it to Cowes Week either - but that's a completely different story

Instead we went to Bassenthwaite, in the glorious Lake District, for the latter half of Bass Week and had a wonderful time. Wonderful setting, excellent club facilities, good food and showers with camping on site.

Six N12s at various times through the week. Philip and Helen David scooping some pots in Wendy Windblows (3217), Mike and Alex Storey following close behind in their first season in The Electric Prune (3491) with support from Sue Jones and Ellie Whilton from Nottingham (3263), Dennis King and Matthew/Janice from Attenborough SC (2964), me with Ben and Dawn from Spinnaker (3398 ) and Barry & Peter Lancaster (3275).

A really enjoyable family regatta week at a well organised friendly club with a variety of mini regattas. one off races, pursuits rather than just one long regatta.

It was our first open in Mr Fox with a best result of 4th but Ben won his first sailing prize so he was dead chuffed - first of many I hope!

Definitely recommended and one to consider for next year (2-10 August 2008 )

http://www.bassenthwaite-sc.org.uk/

And the sun shone !
(sunny)
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

Guest (Guest)

Phil - It rained a lot before you got there - hence the comfy spongy ground. And I'm reliably informed it rained quite a bit after I left! Didn't spoil the enjoyment though. Will always remember planing past Enterprises in the pursuit races as if they were standing still. Great feeling. Now.. just have to work out how to get close to that one GP that always seems to be at the head of every Bass pursuit.

It was the best holiday Sophie has ever had and she wasn't even sailing!!

Mike
N3491

n12 Bottom Banner