National 12 - find out more...

Foolish or Numinous?

Started by SamM (Guest), 02 Apr 2007, 11:12

« previous - next »

SamM (Guest)

John Meadowcroft

Antony

Sam,
All that practice has got the two of you keen.  

Your observations are pretty much, in my view, the consensus view and indeed my own.  The only unhelpful point that I would make is that they are based on very distorted observation of who sails the various designs.  I think that if Graham and Zoe sailed a P&B Foolish they would still be pretty devastating in the very light stuff, and if Tom and Liz took a Numimous for a sail they would still be pretty much at the front of the fleet in most conditions.  Does any of this help, not much!  

To be honest geting hold of a new boat to your chosen shape and specification is hard at the moment which ever shape you aim for, if you need to talk about the process give me a call or drop me an email.

From my observations from the shore on Saturday the design was not key to who fell in when, the force 7 gusts were more important.

Antony

SamM (Guest)

Thanks for your thoughts.  I think I'll give Bim a call, but handbook is 200 miles away at home, but no urgent rush, we are looking for a boat for early next year when I get back from the States.  I kind of guessed this weekend was not typical - doesn't really matter how quick your boat goes if the sails and under the boat!

How much tippier is a Numinous than a Foolish?

grazz

Well, we're biased, but you're very welcome to come and have a go in the Numinous any time. They are definitely a bit tippier than a Foolish, but that's why we like it. ;D

We're on our second Numinous now and definitely fans.  Antony is probably right though, it does depend on who's sailing them and there's only a small sample size for Numini. They're probably about the same speed as a Foolish overall.  

give us a call if you want a try.

Charles

I'd really like to give the Numinous a go but I'll have to build my own considering I live in the states. I guess I need to contact Bim. Do you know his e-mail address? To me tippy is good. Charles,USA

Bim 3410

Hi Charles,

Great news that you want to build a Numinous in the States.

You can contact me on

bim@daser.myzen.co.uk

and we discuss how to proceed.

Regards,
Bim Daser
N3410

MikeDay

Only five Numinouses have ever been built.  Graham and Zoe have been consistently quicker than anyone in light airs over the last five years - though as others have said, they might have been in any shape.  John and Mandy went well in theirs but even better in their Chapter.  On the other hand, Anne and I (at a different level) definitely prefer our Numinous to the Chapter that we had before.  Having sailed all of the shapes, I'm sure that there's nothing quicker in light airs than a Numinous, and I don't think anything tacks better, and personally, I love it to sail.  However, it's definitely friskier downwind in a blow, and we fall off the pace of others in a F4 and above (but that's probably driver rather than design problems).

Brett has built the 5 Numinouses so far and none of them are on the market.  I don't know if he's prepared to build at the moment - I had heard not.  The Foolish is available and a dependable product.  

I'd take up Graham's offer and have a go in one - you'll have fun regardless.

Mike D
N3496

n12 Bottom Banner