National 12 - find out more...

Burghfield, Coaching Day, March 24th

Started by Antony, 23 Feb 2007, 06:17

« previous - next »

Antony

For those that have not paid much attention to the fixture list please note the next important event:

On Saturday 24th there will be a whole day of coaching by a team led by Graham and Zoe.  To help ensure that there are sufficient coaches to maximise the benefits of the day it would be helpful if Graham knew who was coming along.  Please let him know asap if you plan to attend as it will help keep the student/teacher ratio about right.

In addition, we are hoping to have some boats there on the Saturday for a 'try-a-12' day that will be advertised at the Dinghy Show, so spread the word.  Again it would help to know numbers, and so if you or somebody you know wants to come along please email freetrial@national12.org.

Finally:  There is an open meeting on the Sunday to test what you have learnt!

See you all there,
Antony

THG

Planning to be there for Saturday only   :'( as Sunday have to be god parent at an old school friends christening.  Final plans may still change!

Kean
THG

Jimbo42

THG

Who else is going to the training?  I'll try bring along No1 and No2 crew so will have one spare3 or will just swap about.

Now able to go on Sunday too  ;D

Kean
THG

mutt

I'm thinking of turning up with novice crew just for some time on the water and tacking practice.
Matt

Jon_P

Anthony,

We are considering it but my crew is a little fair weather!!

So it will be weather dependant for us.  is it possible to let you know nearer the time?  i.e. 5 days before?

How much will it cost?

tom lee

Kean,

I'm looking for a crew for the saturday.
would be great if you could lend me a crew!!

Tom

N3258
Tom<br />N3545

THG

Tom - you may need to bribe them with drinks & chocolate but otherwise should be OK!  If anything changes I'll let you know asap.

Kean
THG

tom lee

Bribing should't be a problem.
will give you a call at some point just to confirm

Thanks
Tom
Tom<br />N3545

Phil Brown

Dawn and I will be there, need to sort out which is the front end etc etc ;)

Any info, estimated  start/finish time etc?
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

James Taylor

We should be there not sure about Sunday yet long way home, Looking forward to getting back in the boat. ;D

James and Emma
N3402
N3304 (Up For Sale )

THG

For those who may not have registered with the smart groups email;

Dear National 12 sailor,

The first N12 coaching event of the season will take place at Burghfield SC (nr Reading, Berkshire) on Saturday 24th March. Coaches include Graham Camm and Caroline Martin. If you would like to get an expert to look at your rig, practice starting or generally learn how to get your 12 under control and sailing fast, this is the event to attend. Why not stay for beers Saturday night and the open meeting on the Sunday as well?

Please let Graham know if you are planning on coming (grazz @ ndirect . co . uk).

On Saturday there will also be the opportunity to try-a-12. Please invite anyone who fancies having a go - they can turn up at any time during the day.

Details:

Coaching: 10am Saturday 24th March (Please bring your own lunch)
Open meeting: 11am (briefing 10.30am, 3 races) Sunday 25th March
Directions are on the Burghfield web site at http://www.burghfieldsailing.org

There's no cost for the coaching - not sure about cost for the Open.
THG

DavidW

I'm planning to be there - looking forward to learning from the maestro on Saturday and then of course winning on Sunday!!! Look forward to seeing lots of you there.

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

n12 Bottom Banner