National 12 - find out more...

BSC Winter series-The final Day

Started by Jeremy C, 14 Feb 2008, 07:54

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

This coming Sunday is the Final day of the BSC winter series and with the top four places within three points of each other, and a couple of wild cards who could still make it, there will be a lot to play for. The sun is forecast to shine and the wind is set to be easterly, the one direction at Burghfield we all love because it often provides constant and minor shift conditions (a rarity)!!
Prize giving will be after the last race, so if you can make it it would be great to see you there...!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

The final two races of the series were run yesterday in somewhat different conditions to the rest of the races. The wind was a light easterly as predicted, and gave Matt and his son the chance to show just how fast he can be! He snapped at Graham's heels  throughout the first race and in the second managed to get by, recording his first bullet of the series. But the overall results went right to the wire and with four boats so closely postitioned before the start of the day it was always going to be tight.
However, with my maths being as it is I was a little surprised to find that George and I were in with a chance of the top spot, due to the number of discards allowed in the series. So at the end of the first race we needed to get a fourth to Graham's first in order to take it. With Matt in the equation and use fighting with Bim throughout, it was actually Kevin Isles who managed to change the order by turing up for the day, therby increasing the values of the DNC's!!
It was great that Kevin made it down, he had been drawn by the history of strong winds that the event had procured to date, so sorry that this turned out to be the one 'light one'!
Bin's constant participation in the series enabled him to remove his less favourable results and he achieved first in the Admirals Cup fleet and joint third overall.

So the results at the end of the series are:

Trick Cyclist- Jeremy+ George 1st 22points
Babel Fish- Graham+ Zoe/Tim/Andy 2nd 24points
Monkey Business- Jono+Charlotte 3rd 25points
Feeling Foolish- Bim +Clare/Sam  3rd 25points
Fatso- Matt+Joe 4th 27points
Bart Caroline+Sam/Tom 4th 27points

Well done to all!!

Full results will be posted vai a link shortly.
It has been a great series and we have thoroughly enjoyed both hosting it and sailing in it and now looking forward to a spring and summer of 12racing and then next years winter series.......................!

Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

bim (Guest)

What a great winter series! Plenty of wind , only one really cold day, and what an exciting finish. Well done to Jeremy and George on not only organising the series but also winning it, and to everyone else that braved the elements on various occasions.

I thoroughly enjoyed the sailing, not having been in a 12 much recently, it was a great way to blow away the cobwebs. Thanks to all that took part to make it happen, and thanks to Clare and Sam for crewing for me, it was a pleasure to have you in my boat, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, and sorry for the dunking (twice) Clare.

Cheers,
Bim
N3410

Jeremy C

n12 Bottom Banner