National 12 - find out more...

Coaching at Burton week

Started by grazz, 04 Aug 2008, 08:16

« previous - next »

grazz

Dear all Burton week sailors, hopefully you'll have spotted from the event format that the usual practise race on the Saturday is being replaced with a coaching session instead. We'll be focusing on rig and boat speed and we'll have the video camera out again for post session rig and speed analysis. 

cost: It's £10 (free for those in full time education and those coming to Burton week for the first time)
start: 14:00 briefing at the race office (where Janet & Kevan are)

There are 6 boats signed up already. The list I have so far is:

Matt Stiles
Andy Bayliss
Gavin Willis
Terry Cooke
Tim Laws
Tim Gatti 
We can squeeze in a few more so please let me know (post here) if you'd like to join ;)

Happy sailing

Graham

Alex D

That's a yes from us. We're Looking forward to our first Burton week.
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

John Meadowcroft

Alex - have you entered yet, if not please get your cheque to Janet Bloor - You can download an entry form from the events menu.
regards
John

Alex D

John,
Cheque and entry form was posted to Janet on Friday.
Alex
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

John Meadowcroft

Excellent - see you there.
John

Adele (Guest)

Providing I can organise Mike and Andy, Mike and myself should be there in Loki if there is still space!
Looking forward to freedom and getting out on the water!
Adele

grazz

There's still space Adele

And the good news is that the Burton week budget isn't looking too bad so we can make the coaching free for those in full time education and those coming to Burton week for the first time.

grazz

10 signed up for the coaching now, we could probably fit one or two more in if need be
The video camera is on charge and looking forwards to getting on the sea again

Graham

gareth (Guest)

Entry to Burton week in the post today along with a request for some coaching on Saturday if there's still space.
See you there
Gareth N12 3162 Bicycle Clips

Antony (Guest)

It is our plan to supplement the training on Saturday with some informal shore-based training and Q&A on both Monday and Tuesday in the morning before we sail.  The plan is to make sure that 2 members of the front end of the fleet (or people we would expect to be there) talk through the races the previous day and answer any questions on boat set-up and/or race tactics/strategy.
This will be publicised better on arrival and at the briefing but the plan is to have sessions at about 10.30 each of those two mornings either in a quiet area near the boats (if warm and sunny) or in what i will refer to as the 'training room' which is between the club and the boats on the prom.
Antony
N3514

grazz

Hi Gareth, we've got space for you.

see you at 2pm

Graham

n12 Bottom Banner