National 12 - find out more...

Boat opinions

Started by Joseph Moore, 02 Jul 2006, 06:14

« previous - next »

Joseph Moore

Well, Apple Pie has gone so I shall keep my eyes peeled I guess. How many of you guys in the older boats Cheshire Cat, Tigress, Pipedream etc compete on a national scale?
Looking for a good inland boat: Pipedream ideal. Solid hull is a must, good sails/spars/foils/trailer a bonus.[/i][/b]

hairy dog

Pipedream is more than competitive inland (in the right hand, i.e. not mine! :-/)  Won't come anywhere near the more modern, fat boats on open water though.  Last time I sailed mine I borrowed a Superspars carbon mast and modern cut Alverbank sails and it totally transformed the boat.

Talk to Mike Cooke, he had some interesting ideas about Pipedreams a couple of years ago.
get a Mungral up ya! :o

Mikey C

I still have them.... Just a question of spare time!
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Joseph Moore

I shall be doing most of my sailing inland, probably only things like national champs or the odd day out on the sea. I take it little else comes close to a Pipedream in terms of inland/light airs performance as it is tilted more to that extreme of design?

Would I be right in thinking an older hull with good spars/sails/foils will be more enjoyable and competitive than a newer hull with older parts?

EDIT: If anyone out there is reading I am happy to px. my fireball (gbr12284) which is a sound classic boat and will only need a good rub down and fresh coat of varnish to make her gorgeous again. Sad to see her go really!
Looking for a good inland boat: Pipedream ideal. Solid hull is a must, good sails/spars/foils/trailer a bonus.[/i][/b]

n12 Bottom Banner