National 12 - find out more...

Frans big adventure

Started by Antony (Guest), 16 May 2010, 06:24

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

Jonno should make it for the first race at Hunstanton then!

Roly Mo

Jennie to Ellie 'what should we take Fran and Jonno when we go to see them leave Brid tomorrow, it ought to be something tasty that sailors enjoy'
Ellie to Jennie 'Fruit Pastilles'
and so it shall be . . . . .

Not fair (Guest)

[face=Arial Unicode MS]Don’t take Fran fruit pastels.[/face]
As one of the most competitive people in the world ever, and an avid proponent of the ‘who can make a fruit pastel last the longest’ contest it would be completely unfair on Jonno.  It would make a long trip down the east coats virtually unbearable.  At least her brother won’t be there, a sure fire way to ratchet up the pastel eating tension anther notch.

sophie (Guest)

having played this game with Fran on the road to a Bristol open I can concur that fruit pastels are a sure-fire way to ruin what could be a perfctly pleasant trip - and I haven't been able to eat one since... stay away from the fruit pastels!!!!

Antony (Guest)

If you (not fair) are thinking of me I can tell you that I never liked that game and have refused to play since a trip to Tenby in 2006.  I can see no fun in not enjoying something that is otherwise very pleasant.  I have no idea how Frances managed to make hers last pretty much the whole of a slow drive from the Severn Crossing to Tenby ... mine died somewhere near Swansea (or was it Cardiff).....
Antony

John Meadowcroft

apparently they have made it to Norfolk - a couple of days early though!

Antony (Guest)

I am not sure there was ever a schedule in that sense, my post-it note at work (written on Monday) has her at Waldringfield on Sunday pm.  If they get to Great Yarmouth today then that looks likely to be spot on, I think that Southwold is more than likely the destination tomorrow.
Anybody in Suffolk this weekend is very welcome to show up and see Viper come home.
Antony

sophie (Guest)

If you haven't already heard, Fran finished yesterday - crewed by Antony, James and Rory.
Despite being a little disappointed that I will no longer be able to sit down with a coffee for my daily update, this is fantastic achievement - well done Fran!

Sophie
http://www.fransbigadventure.com/

Kevin

Tremendous achievement. Well done indeed!
Kevin

Gavin Willis

Well done Fran - I wish I was there - all the way round!
Gavin

Roly Mo

A brilliant achievement, and we are pleased to be able to report that the Almanac has been found!  Am hoping to get to Brid this week to collect it, and will work out some way of getting it back to you. 
J

Fran G (Guest)

Thank you so much everybody, for all your support throughout.  And the sponsorship from you all!  It was an amazing adventure for so many reasons but mainly the kindness and fun and meeting all the new and old friends along the way.  The sailing bit seems incidental!

Jennie.  That would be absolutely brilliant, I have been meaning to phone the RYYC.  If you do get a chance to collect, that would be fantastic!!  I'm sure there are easy ways and means of getting it back after that.... I even have a wedding in Yorkshire in late September so could swing by your neck of the woods, if no other earlier opportunities present themselves.

(And the fruit pastilles were perfect, and I didn't even make Jonno play who can keep it in their mouths for the longest!)

Thanks again everybody!!

Fran

n12 Bottom Banner