National 12 - find out more...

Camping at Burton Week

Started by thedodger, 29 Mar 2009, 06:19

« previous - next »

thedodger

Hi Kevin, any news on the proposed campsite next to the sailing club?
Simon & Rosie 3454 Jammy Dodger

Jeremy C

Simon,

The council have approved using the area next to the boat park for camping, it was in info about Burton week & calendar which went out last week by post.
Jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

tonyelgar

thats great news, do we know the cost implications yet? or is that still under discussion?

tony
ex 2760/3255

John Meadowcroft

Kevin Iles will correct me if i am wrong but i believe that the Council Tax payers of Southend are allowing us to camp.  There are no cost implications.  Please tidy up after yourselves!

thedodger

Thanks John, but still cannot find it in the Burton Week newsletter... So we just rock up and pitch our tent then?

Kevin

Camping is free. It will be in the field/car park next to the dinghy park. The council are giving us the whole of the western end of it to use for free but require us to keep it tidy and respect the nearby residents. Only one word of warning, the soil is clay and, if it has been dry for a while, likely to be quite hard, so ensure you have strong tent pegs.
More details on the Burton Week web-site soon.
Kevin

FuzzyDuck

Kevin,
Does this area apply to parking as well for people not camping?
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Kevin

Yes. Current thinking is that we will have separately designated areas for boats, cars and camping with camping at the top of the field nearest the clubhouse for easy access to the facilities should anyone require them in the middle of the night!?! 

Kevin

Little Bo

Please keep a space for Team Roly's motorhome!  Looking forward to it greatly,

J:)

sam childs (Guest)

brilliant, may be able to afford to come again!! anyone need a crew?

thedodger

Now that's an interesting concept "if it's dry" - this is England.... it will rain and blow a absolute hooli.... and we'll all be terribly British, grit our teeth and enjoy ourselves- OK! understood...
Sam, I may be able to bring Tom's boat if you can organise a crew

Dare Barry (Guest)

free camping and a junior entry of £40 for 4 days racing, now thats a bargin !!!
Get that entry in and win a P&B JIB.
Cheers Dare

Antony (Guest)

Funnily enough that 'bargain' that Dare mentions has been noticed around the place.  There are a couple of genuinely talented young (ish) sailors that have asked me about borrowing a modern (ie DB) 12 for the event. 
If anybody already knows that they cannot make it, and would consider lending a DB 12, then can they let me know?  The individuals involved are all people that i would (or have) let borrow my boat.
Obviously we would rather see the event full of enthusiastic 12 owners, so this only relevant if you know you cannot come yourself!
Antony
N3514

n12 Bottom Banner