National 12 - find out more...

GILLESPIE IS READY TO GO and needs you!!!!!

Started by chopper, 22 Apr 2009, 05:12

« previous - next »

chopper

Really want to do Burton week but thinking my little boy  (7 year old) will need to be substituted if the wind blows the last time I sailed at thorpe bay was in a int 14 and we got wiped out in a force 6+ the wind suddenly picks up there.

so is anyone gonna be around and fancy the odd dabble in the Front of Gillespie recently brought out of hibernation.
also dont spose anyone has a 2nd hand mast up cover they want to sell the cover ive got is flat and dont allow for mast I need to keep Gillespie in dinghy park this summer

all the best Paul

Roly Mo

As we've said before, get in touch with Kevin Iles as he knows what local crews are available.
RM

Kevin

Email me on kevin dot iles at chaucerplc dot com with your sailing CV before 5.00 tomorrow (Thursday) and I will see what I can do. Are you looking for someone for the entire event or just for when it is windy?

And the wind doesn't come up any more suddenly at Thorpe Bay than anywhere else I have ever been to - who remembers the Hunstanton tornado a couple of years ago, that really was sudden!!

Kevin

Roly Mo

ICM and I remember Hunstanton only too clearly - we'd just beaten Ian and Alex to claim the race (it was real Pie Boy weather) when the blasted race was abandoned, we bore away to come back in and the mast exploded.  Happy days!
RM

icecreamman

Damn it certainly was and it just goes to show that The Man Upstairs has something to say if neither Ian Gore nor Steve Sallis win races at Norfolk

Roly Mo

Oh heck, hadn't thought about that.   I hope that those new to NWNW understand that the sunny weather necessary for a happy family holiday depends on them finishing behind Ian and Stevie!  If it rains all week because they've usurped Stevie and Ian's position at the front of the fleet I can see Mrs RM and Doc Fred extracting some horrid revenge!
RM

n12 Bottom Banner