National 12 - find out more...

Leigh and Lowton Regatta

Started by Chris Day, 16 Jun 2013, 08:58

« previous - next »

Chris Day

Online Entry is now open for the Leigh and Lowton SC Regatta.

This year's regatta will be held over the weekend of 13th-14th July and the 12s will join in handicap fleet for 3 races each day (first start 12pm Saturday and 11am Sunday). Prizes will be awarded each day (2 races to count each day) and both days combined will count towards the Northern Area Series (4 of 6 to count).

Camping is available on site and there will be a BBQ, Bottle Boat Race and Disco on Saturday evening. Bring your bottle boat with you or at least some plastic bottles, tape and plastic bags - I'm wondering if you can make a bottle boat foil!

All the information you need including NoR, SIs and other info is on the LLSC website www.llsc.org.uk  Please book early as this event is very popular and numbers may have to be limited. There's pre-entry discount and you also get a free T-shirt if you enter online. If you have any questions give me a shout.

Hope to see you there!

Chris and Sophie N3526

Tim Gatti

With less than two weeks to go is anybody else planning to support the Leigh and Lowton Open this year?
I plan to be there in a Vintage boat of some description.
Tim

Tim Gatti

Chris & Sophie, the Copsey's and self now signed up - any more takers for this N12 Open Meeting next weekend?

Chadders

Sorry Tim, Chris, Sophie and all but I will be sailing at Yeadon this weekend and unable to get over but good luck to all.   Should make it to Yorkshire Dales though with Squidgy Bits and Helen The week after.

Carbonara

Sorry I will also not be able to make it to Leigh and Lowton this weekend but all sorted for Yorkshire Dales on 21st.
cheers
Patrick

paul turner

Sorry Chris. The OD is off on a horsey holiday so I have got to stay home and look after the farm! Hope the weather is as good as at the Vintage Champs! Px 8)

Tim Gatti

Thanks to all at Leigh & Lowton for a fabulous weekend - of excellent sailing, weather and hospitality.
£20 for the six race event, including two free regatta tee-shirts if you pre-booked online, has got to be a bargain.
Had to leave earlier than planned on Day 2, but all in all - absolutely fab - if only more 12's had made it - you missed a cracker!
Tim
N3541 'Gruffalo' (amongst others)

Tim Gatti

Results:
1st   N3526   Christian Day and Sophie Richards  Leigh and Lowton SC
2nd  N3412   Chris Troth and Hannah Butler   Olton Mere SC
3rd   N3473   Jimmy Whitehead and Heidi Day  Redesmere SC
4th   N3541   Tim Gatti and Leonie Sutherland   Yeadon SC
5th   N3475   Simon Brindle and Matthew Brindle   Olton Mere SC

1st Vintage    N3541 'Gruffalo' Tim Gatti and Leonie Sutherland    Yeadon SC

Chadders

Well done Tim first vintage a creditable performance for the newest vintage in the fleet.

Tim Gatti

For first vintage read 'only vintage'!  A bit of a shame really as it was listed as a Vintage and Northern event in our 2013 programme
Was a bit disappointed they chose not to use the N12 handicaps as it was a strictly handicap event, as that meant I was sailing off the same yardstick as the double-bottomed foilers which is a bit de-motivating, although we did manage a creditable 10th posn in Race 1 (out of 26 I think)
Maybe this could be reviewed if we are thinking of including it in the calendar next season - it might encourage more vintage and AC boats to attend, especially as there were no specific N12 prizes as they were all awarded on posn in overall handicap fleet.

edwillett

I was very keen to try and get to L&L as thoroughly enjoyed it last year, but a lack of crew and kids off school for the summer meant that in the end it wasnt possible. Shame. Great club and great water.

angus

I also would have liked to return to Leigh and Lowton having really enjoyed my two previous visits but I am still under a travelling ban:( but maybe next year.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

n12 Bottom Banner