National 12 - find out more...

what have you done with your N12 today

Started by Chilli, 30 May 2015, 01:29

« previous - next »

Chilli

exactly as per the title :)

maybe you've just given her a bath or you've been creative with a paintbrush or you've installed new rigging and given her some new clothes :) maybe you're restoring your N12

just tell us all about it :)

so today I went to Fiddlers Ferry Dinghy Sailing Club --- don't confuse it with the cruising club which is for "big" boats ;) and I got all the info and had a right good laugh with the guys th at were there --- so it's gunna cost me £20 to join £70 annual membership and £36 for annual use of the dinghy park providing that i use my boat :)

how many clubs do you know where it's only gunna cost you £106 per annum incluing use of all facilities and boat storage ????? 
the other clubs I was looking at --- Leigh and Lowton £249 per annum inc. mooring
Liverpool sailing club £137 plus mooring
Blackpool light craft club £130 plus mooring costs if there's enough space

i'm sure that there are others but given that i have a Virgin Trains season ticket between Warrington and Lancaster was sort of limited by where i could and couldnt go --- FFSC is 40 minutes walk down the canal from my front door :)

so what did you do today ?????

paul turner

Greetings Chilli
Just tried to check out your sailing club:
"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later."
OOPs!

edwillett

Spent an afternoon with a work party at Cramond BC tidying up and organising the dinghy park....pulled the covers off the wooden boats to let them air....the three gleaming varnished N12's all sat side by side drew mauch attention and comment!

John Meadowcroft (Guest)

One of the team leaders at Junior Bourne End Week helped by a number of other current and past 12 sailors.  85 kids on the water since Thursday going racing and playing games.  In the racing some Junior crews from the National 12s were starring in the RS Feva.  Maybe there were some future N12 sailors out there too?  Bravo to Ollie Meadowcroft and Robbie Stewart who sailed very well together in the Feva.  Having a lazier day today!

Chilli

sorry Paul :( i got the same message when i tried it just :(
trust me though its there --- if you google fidlers feery sailing then it'll show you where it is cos there's maps and other info listed but i had to google it to get it -- not much use really is it :(
  i'll make a note a speak to them about --- thank you for pointing it out :)

today i went for a walk cos there's a Int420 regatta at Bala later this week so went and finished off wrapping "express dream" (don't ask - i didn't name her) up and sat watching the racing :)

3 Falcons - 2 Wayfarers - 1 GP14 out on the water today -- very high tide and it showed but wind strength of force 5 gusting 7 across most of the course saw a really good battle between a Falcon and a Wayfarer with the Falcon winning by half a boat length :)

the guys sailing the GP14 really really needed to go to dinghy school tbph - i mean you're supposed to sit out when she starts heeling not keep your bum on the seat and let everything go which is what they did - and they only just managed to be the other wayfarer which was being sailed single handed and with just a main up as well !!!!!! 

can't wait to get in the mix with this lot in N12 :)  i have fun in my 420 in their fleet cos we run them ragged and we do extra distance cos of the handicap and experience levels plus my crew loves being out on the wire :)  gunna be a shame when we end up letting "express dream" go to her new home but "Chilli" will be making more than a few waves :)

Roll on wednesday and pre regatta shakedown time WooooHoooo :)  1/2mile reaches / runs and beats :)  bring a flask and sarnies cos you've time for them :)

3513SL

Started to get 3513 de-rigged and ready for towing to next weekend's Gul event at Brightlingsea but rain stopped us mid flow, just got the undercover in and mast down.
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

Neal

3271 & 3501

n12 Bottom Banner