National 12 - find out more...

SuperSpars Mast / Boom

Started by THG, 04 Aug 2006, 12:21

« previous - next »

THG

Have a SuperSpars mast & Boom that came as spares with my Crusader but I don't think they've been used much and just taking up space at home.

Anyone want to buy?  Maybe those at Norfolk week need to look up and check their masts  :-/ !

Kean

THG

Barry

Hi Kean

Would the mast fit your ex-Baggy?

Barry

THG

THG

Barry

Hi Kean,

Yep i seem to have bent the existing mast a little bit a couple of ways  - not sure how that has happened but will try straightning out - (any tips anyone?).

I'll give you call this week.

I am in Cornwall (surfing) most of the BW and had planned to pop down on one of the days. I'll have the roof rack (caravan behind - hence no boat!).

Carbon mast will have to wait as my fleet increases by 1 this week (singlehander this time). Then new sails for it and the Baggy (newer probably in its case).

Barry

icecreamman

Hi Barry, depending on how badly you have bent the mast it can be straightened. If the bend is not too bad, just find a couple of sturdy posts that will allow you to gently straighten things. Go steady or you will end up with a banana or a mast that is totally useless. That is one of the better things about metal masts is that it is a tad easier to straighten them than their carbon brothers

johnk

Put a sandbag on each post to avoid denting the mast. Bounce gently at first then increasing the bend. Check frequently to see when the mast straightens.

n12 Bottom Banner