National 12 - find out more...

Help with 2173, please

Started by nick clibborn, 14 Jun 2007, 06:20

« previous - next »

nick clibborn

Frensham Pond SC have just been given National 12 - 2173. It's in quite exceptional condition - good that is !. But we don't know anything about it, despite FPSC being one of the foremost '12' clubs in days gone by.

Anyone got a book, or other references ? We need to know who designed it, and what design it is, when it was built, and by whom, and whether it has ever appeared in important results.

We hope to have it on the water in time for the CVRDA event at FPSC on 14th/15th July (TO WHICH I HOPE YOU ALL COMING), and it will subsequently be for sale - an ideal CVRDA bandit.

Nick

johnk

The data base entry for 2173 is inconsistent. If she is a Starfish then the designer is Mike Noakes. If the designer id Richard Roscoe the the design is a Squid. Perhaps Nick could compare the photos for each design that are on the database with 2173 herself.

Dave Croft

Hi Nick,

I might be able to help you, my children have just joined FPSC Cadetfleet. We are often down on a Saturday morning. I'll drop you an e-mail.

Dave C

nick clibborn

Many thanks, all.

John. I'll do as you suggest.

Dave. Thanks. The boat is at the club, so you can look anytime.

Nick

nick clibborn

Definitely a Starfish, and we have found a plate saying "Designed by Mike Noackes", so that would seem conclusive.

Thanks, chaps. (SEE YOU AT THE CVRDA FRENSHAM MEETING ON 14TH/15TH jJULY)

Nick

n12 Bottom Banner