National 12 - find out more...

Frensham Pond CVRDA Regatta

Started by nick clibborn, 11 Apr 2007, 06:52

« previous - next »

nick clibborn

Just reminding you, with less than two weeks to go, that this is the REAL opportunity for older '12's to shine. Get the accommodation booked, and be there. plenty of water, though not in the beer, and a warm welcome.

Nick

Dave Croft

I think we should be supporting this. A few weeks ago I heard a young sailor at FPSC say "what's a National 12?"!!! We will try to get 2935 out. Meads do you still have Eric?? Nice bit of water FPSC and the largest Cadet fleet in the country if you want to get some interest going in the class....

THG

David,  'Eric' is up t'North near Trent valley with Rosie White.

THG

paul turner

Went to Frensham last year and it was a super weekend! Well organised, good pond, and we had excellent sailing weather! Only problem - but three N12s. I will be there again this year in Dolly Daydream (we got seriously penalised for having Pentex sails and a dangley pole but still managed 2nd!) - hope to see lots of other N12s there this year. It is listed as a vintage event so will count towards the Witchcraft Bailer.

nick clibborn

'12's have a long and honourable history at Frensham, and I would like to see them resurrected, as the pond is a perfect 12 venue. The best way to do this is to have a good turnout for this event, even tho' they won't be 'state of the art' boats. Come to think of it, a 12 did shine at the Frensham Frenzy a couple of years ago, demonstrating not only that it was well sailed, but that it suited the pond. We only have two of our own at present, but that's two more than last year !

Nick

Dave Croft

If anyone needs a crew for this event please let me know, one (or both) of my daughters who are very experienced may be available.

paul turner

Would you guys be mortally offended if we (ie me, Christine and Dolly Daydream) only came down for the Sunday? :-/

Assume it is 3 out of four races to qualify?

Dave Croft

I'm sure you won't be the only ones who come for just Sunday and I won't mind,  for us it's just a nice and rare chance these days to sail my beloved 12. Not sure on the organisation, number of discards etc.

nick clibborn

No problem, look forward to seeing you whenever you can make it.

Nick

paul turner

Congratulations and thanks to Nick and Charles and everyone else involved with the running of the Frensham Open meeting - well done , it was a grand "do".

David Croft wentfaster than a Rocket, beat all the Merlins etc on the water, and was first overall with Brain Kitching 2nd - Brain also won the concours d'elegance for his restoration job on "Just Lucky"

And where were we? Don't ask! But it was a very pleasant day's yotting even if there was sxd all wind!

ps I need some new sails, Kevan! ;)

Dave Croft

It would be hard to pretend the result didn't have something to do with it but it was a great meeting and one I would strongly recommend, everyone was very friendly. It's fair to say the course and the wind suited my old 12 down to the ground, one of the highlights was passing a pair of RS200's! There are lots of 12's that would qualify for this including I believe early Baggy's and Crusaders. Dave.

n12 Bottom Banner