National 12 - find out more...

Frensham Pond 15/16 July

Started by MattStiles, 07 Jul 2006, 09:07

« previous - next »

MattStiles

Do many 12s go along to Frensham Pond?

I see from the website that it's "open to all classes over 40 years old where the boat is over 25 years old".  Wondering if it's a little cheeky to turn up in a 1981 Tigress - 25 years and a month old, what do folk think :-)

Matt
N3143

Jimbo41

Matt,
I'd go along, since the boat's truely over 25 years old. In any case, you've got to push the 12 Tigress scene for us - mine's 26 years old, but I won't make from Germany..  ;)

Cheers,

Jim N3130

mark533

Matt, not at all, the more the merrier, The CVRDA is a very "inclusive" group and very welcoming
Mark
Am trying to convine 3141 to come along as well

nick clibborn

Matt

Of course you must come. As one of the organisers I can assure you you will be very welcome, as Mark says, and he should know !! Anyway, what makes you think your boat is such hot stuff ?

Regards

Nick

MattStiles

Hi, thanks for the replies.
Nick - it's not that I think the boat is too quick, just didn't want to turn up and find only "proper" traditional 12s were allowed.  I suspect given the state of my paint at the moment there are plenty of older boats that could put me to shame.

So, sounds good.  As long as I can persuade my son to come along to crew I'll give it a go..

Matt

JimC (Guest)

FWIW my wing masted 1972 Farr Cherub will pobably be going to the Frensham event, which is about as untraditional a boat as its possible to get... And being a Cherub that means no-one else need be concerned about the state of their paint and varnish...

nick clibborn

You are both most welcome. I can tell you that a number of boats will fail to shine in the Concours, but nevertheless will adorn the water. CVRDA is inclusive, as is FPSC, and I can arrange crews (large or small) if you need them. Strangely, Cadet sailors seem to relish the opportunity to sail in 'real' boats.

See ya !
Nick

n12 Bottom Banner