National 12 - find out more...

Great River Race

Started by Kevin, 03 Sep 2009, 01:25

« previous - next »

Kevin

Takes place this weekend - see www.greatriverrace.co.uk for details, should be a great family day out. As all those who I caught at NWNW know, I am doing it with some colleagues from work and we hope to complete the 22 mile course in under 4 hours. Anyone who hasn't sponsored us yet, or feels guilty for not comitting enough first time, can do so on www.justgiving.com/Chaucer-Syndicates . It's all in a good cause helping the disadvantaged and disabled get on the water by giving them the opportunity and teaching the skills required to sail, row and handle powered craft.

Kevin

Roly Mo

Have donated the money we promised you at Overy Staithe via Justgiving - hope it goes well,

J

Kevin

Completed in 2:55:35 and 171st place. Really amazing event - so many boats (296 entries) that as we passed Ranelagh SC it looked like they had to postpone their racing because there wasn't room on the water for them and us! Crews come from all over Europe and even the USA - I didn't realise fixed seat rowing was so BIG!
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who sponsored me (and the rest of the Chaucer team), for those who did so offline, I will ask for the money next time I see you. For those who promised to do it on-line but have yet to do so, you can still do so!!!
Kevin

n12 Bottom Banner