National 12 - find out more...

australian ns14

Started by steve jones, 01 Aug 2006, 12:02

« previous - next »

NS14 1964 (Guest)

Which city are you going to be around? Mid north coast of NSW is a fairly vague description due to there being a town every 100 km or so up the coast north from sydney... most people consider the mid north coast to be around Gosford or Taree... but geographically you could be in the vacinity of Newcastle... either way there is a NS (or MG14... take NS14 and add trapeze and assymetric kite) fleet near those areas. Would suggest getting in touch with the NS14 association when you get here, Michael or Hugh Tait or even Steve Jones would be the best people to talk to as they tend to be the movers and shakers in the class as opposed to the development pusher that I am trying despirately to be (if my carbon mast ever gets finished...  :-/), plus I live in Queensland so I'm not likely to be as much help as they could be. Either way, our season is just starting to kick off over the next few weeks so now would be the time to find someone to sail with... If you are in/near newcastle try and find Teralba Amateur SC and speak to Peter Anstey or Scott Dey and they'll probably take you for a sail and pete is always in need of a good crew.

good luck and look forward to seeing you on the ns circuit!

jon
ns1964 + foiler moth aus9255

janeraine

Thanks for that Jon.  We're starting off in the Port Macquarie area but willing to travel to get a good sail! May see you around the circuit!
Jane

NS14 1964 (Guest)

Port Macquarie had a few NS14s until a couple of seasons ago when they all decided to move into Tasars (for some reason I fail to fathom). I think that there is still a couple of OK boats there; but nothing exactly new (newest boat there would be a circa 1996 hull...). Taree is probably the closest town to Port Mac with a good NS fleet, they get 11 or 12 boats on any given weekend and they've been included in the NSW travellers trophy this year with 2 events at the 2 clubs in the Taree area over the october long weekend. Taree is about 90km south of Port Mac... thankfully the roads are very good and you could to the trek in a little under an hour along the pacific highway. Manning River Sailing Club is the place to go if for NSs; not only do they have some new boats being built there but they've got one of the 3 fastest growing fleets in australia next to northbridge in sydney and the tasmanian fleet. Jon Cause (I think) is the contact there.

But as I said; get in touch with the association and they'll help you out with contacts and anything else that you can think of.

cheers... time to launch the boat for the first time in the 2006/07 season! :D

jon

janeraine

Thanks for this info - I know Taree as we passed through  last year. Have a rental in Camden Haven so should make that journey easily.  Good sailing Jon!

hairy dog

Jane, check e-mail :)
get a Mungral up ya! :o

n12 Bottom Banner