National 12 - find out more...

Name plate

Started by GarryR, 27 Mar 2007, 08:40

« previous - next »

GarryR

I know this is heresy but I have recently restored a vintage Merlin Rocket no! not a 12  (Rocket No 252 Gannet) which is a ribbed construction boat (solid mahogany on rock elm ribs) built by Wyche and Coppick in 1951.  I have her complete now (see the CVRDA website http://www.cvrda.org/ and click on Gannet to see her).  I am missing one tiny detail and that is a name plate for the builder.  If anyone has an old W & C nameplate that they could let me have or even photograph one on a boat so I could get it copied that would be great.  My email address is gjr@rowett.ac.uk if you have a photo or can help in a material way.

MikeDay

I still have a plastic one in my boat toolbox, from N2470 which was built in in about 1969.  Though it's in pretty ropy condition, I'd prefer not to part with it but you're welcome to a photocopy if you send a SAE to me - Mike Day, 1 Tudor Avenue, Hampton, Middx TW12 2ND.  

It reads:
WYCHE & COPPOCK Ltd
BOATBUILDERS
RADFORD MILL, NORTON ST
NOTTINGHAM

Mike D
N3496

GarryR

Thanks for that - I have had another reply from someone else who may have sourced one but if that doesn't work out I will certainly get back to you.  Thanks for your help - much appreciated.  Garry

n12 Bottom Banner