National 12 - find out more...

Steve Nicholson Race

Started by Terry C (Guest), 17 Mar 2006, 07:23

« previous - next »

Terry C (Guest)

January the 28th is the date for the Steve Nicholson Race. Pitsford is as central as it gets and great  water for a Twelve. We have occasionally had some wind at this event too. Lets get a good fleet of Twelves out. Give Tom a ring for details.

Mikey C

Not to mention all proceeds to a good cause...

I will be there, but in my silly spare boat!

Mikey C
Moth 4075
N3XXX work in progress
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Kevin

Having spent the weekend making one working boat out of the bits of three in my garage, we'll be there. 11.00 start according to the NSC web-site.

Kevin

John Meadowcroft

As will Katy and Jon Brown provided it is not too cold.  Rumours also suggest Ibbotson should be there as well as Dave & Jane Wade.  I am on childcare duty but will be watching as closely as possible.

Kevin

Forecast looks reasonnable, not as much wind as I would like but most others would probably say it's ideal!

Kevin

Jane Wade

Assume Kevin that there was in fact enough wind for you!  Everyone else you missed a REALLY great days sailing.  Yes it was a little chilly but it had everything you could ask for.  My first sail back after a 14 month sabbatical and the fairly swift swim has not dampened my enthusiasm!

Jane
N3468 'On Loan'

Kevin

You're right Jane, force 3-4 in the first race and more in 2nd. This combined with the usual excellent organisation made it a good choice for my first time in a boat for 6 months.

Before anyone asks, the picture of Liz and I on the fotoboat baot web-site (also used on the Y&Y report) was taken as we were about to gybe, hence the unusual crew positions. Just as welll they didn't wait until afterwards because we went in a couple of times at that mark! However, please note the Merlins under spinnaker BEHIND us.

Well done to Tom for being first non-trapeze boat (in his Merlin) at 7th overall.

Kevin

n12 Bottom Banner