National 12 - find out more...

N3130 Midnight Blues

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Mar 2007, 05:43

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3130 Midnight Blues.  Design: Tigress, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1980.
Previous boat names: Midnight Blues, Nuttyshell, prior to reverting to Midnight Blues.

Jimbo42

Cold moulded 5 mm strip, 1980 Bob Hoare built Mike Jackson design. Proctor aluminium mast and boom. H&J rudder. Redecked 1990. Quite fast on the Ammersee, Bavaria Germany (since 2004) and points quite well. Very nice boat for a lighter crew weight. Owner: Jim Bretherick, ESC Eching, Ammersee.

janeraine

Our old boat!!! We bought N3130 (renamed Midnight Blues) in 1985 when we changed fleets from Merlins. Sailed firstly at Tamesis and later at Rudyard Lake Sailing Clubs. An excellent all rounder which did well at many open meetings and club racing. Also did well when sailing with 3 up!! (with both pregnancies, I sailed her until I had difficulty getting under the boom!!). Happy days! Sold on to a member from Colemere Sailing Club in 2003. Photos to come later.

Jimbo42

Let's see if I can't get a recent pic of her on the Ammersee...
http://www.national12.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1

Tim Gatti

Shortly after Burton Week, Jim kindly arranged for N3130 to be delivered to my door in Shipley, W Yorks all the way from Bavaria - courtesy of a man with a large trailer who had just delivered Jim's 59er all the way from the UK.  She's now in the workshop awaiting some attention - especially to her transom, stern knee and her forward frame along with a complete revarnish,  repaint and refit..  I'll post some pics as and when I start work on her.

Tim Gatti

Four years later and after 100's of hours intermittent work, the interior and topsides are all stripped, repaired, epoxied and ready for final varnishing.
The outside of the hull needs some attention but nowhere near as much as the interior.
Would like to think I can get her finished off and re-fitted before the end of the season - a couple of pics attached as she is now

Tim Gatti

n12 Bottom Banner