National 12 - find out more...

N1684 National Panic

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 01 Jul 2008, 03:07

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1684 National Panic. Design: Mark 8, designed by: Ian Proctor in 1958
Previous boat names: Aurora, AoverT.

Sailorboy

I got this boat today needing a lot of work, ideally redecking, rebuild centreboard casing, renewing the fibreglass in the bottom of the boat, an area I am dreading tackling in case there is any rott. The boat seems to have been used on the sea causing the salt to eat into the varnish on the inside. I'm hoping in the next few months I can restore her to how she used to look. Photos to follow.

Sailorboy

National Panic has undergone almost 12 months of loving restoration. She has been stripped of all varnish, has hard the centreboard casing rebuilt and the decks replaced. She is now all re varnished and almost ready for getting the fittings replaced and getting on the water again.

Sailorboy

So National Panic is almost ready to sail. She's been related due to other commitments but attached is a picture

Peter Walker (Guest)

Nice to see 1684 looking so good. This boat was owned by my flatmate Angus Sheldon and actively sailed by us at West Riding Sailing club on Winterset reservoir at the end of the 1960's, with some success. Great to see  the boat (then called AoverT) still going.
regards
Peter Walker

n12 Bottom Banner