National 12 - find out more...

Redesmere open

Started by jimmy, 01 Apr 2011, 03:12

« previous - next »

jimmy

this weekend National 12 Open on Saturday briefing @10:45 and first race @11
just in case anyone wanted to know.........

paul turner

We will be there - that is Me, Christine and Dolly Daydream! Px :K)

tom white

Heyy, maria, shed and i will be there :) can't wait!!
 See you tomorrow :D

Tom White (2765,3193)

Chadders

Triarda is coming too with Howard and Helen, looking forward to it. (N2266)

martin 1262

Hi
Would have come and brought White Heat back to her spiritual home, but alas packing house for house move next week.
Hope you get a good turnout!
Martin

Roly Mo

Sadly will miss this one, which is a shame as I've happy memories of sailing at Redesmere but a Racing Coach course beckons.  Have a great day.
RM

Kevin

Wow Bernard, you will be going for a job on Top Gear next! Racing coaches sounds like it could be a lot of fun. ;)

Roly Mo

I think racing Coaches may be more fun than being at Pennine SC for 2 days in strong winds and rain! 
Jx

paul turner

Thank you Redesmere for a fab and well orgainsed day's yotting on Saturday - the report and results will no doubt be posted soon but my personal thanks to Jimmy Whitehead for volunteering to crew for me in Dolly Daydream when Christine had to cancel last minute. And we still went quite quickly with 26+ stone aboard but the speed was more down to local knowledge and good crewing rather than the helming! Well done to Tom White & Maria Gidley for a convincing win, beating two DBs. Hope that RSC invite us back again next year! Px :K)

Chadders

A thank you from me too, we had a great sail, good grub and a very warm welcome, an enjoyable day all round!  Well done to Tom and Maria first overall and Paul and Jimmy as first Vintage.  The conducted tour of Brian Herring's workshop after racing rounded off a great day. Thank you to all those who made it happen. Howard

Crusader 3244

I haven't seen them racing coaches, not even on Top Gear, though I believe hot competition between Megabus and National Express chasing each others' tails on the motorways of the UK led to legislation that made speed limiters mandatory for PCV vehicles (coaches). Has James May promoted interest in sailing - or tarnshed its reputation?

But there was a stunt on TV where two coaches side by side used close quarter tactics to drive up a strip and tip a bottle of champagne attatched to one coach in to a glass attached close to the mirror of another. It was apparently a demonstration of driving ability and skill but I would not recommend trying to replicate the stunt on public roads. Plod could see it differently! Could have been a feature on Top Gear - can't be certain.
The wagons I drive are now volutarily limited to 50 to make fuel savings. Even Eddie Stabart was limited to 56.
Chris, 3244

Chadders

On the subject of racing coaches and speed limits whilst driving to Redsmere I had a photo taken on the M606 and now I have been invited to attend a "speed awareness course" is this the same as being tutored by a racing coach or am I getting mixed up again?

icecreamman

Ha ha Howard The Old Man of the Sea got one of those coming back from Kippford one year, and they bang on about the yoof of today being wreckless drivers!!

n12 Bottom Banner