National 12 - find out more...

Main Menu

N3111 42

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 26 Mar 2007, 08:31

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3111 42. Design: Baggy Trousers, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1980

George Smith

Brians boat though old still thrashes most things round the course must get my 12 out on the same day for a race  :)

BrianWhitmey

History of 42 as best I know it:

Currently owned by myself and sailed at Bough Beech SC in Kent. I've had her, if memory serves, for four years. My first, and only twelve and the best boat I've ever owned. Sailed for these four years mainly with my daughter Jackie crewing. She was on the stand at the dinghy exhibition in 2005.
Previous owner was Paul Griffiths who took it in part exchange for his Chapter from Rob Cannell who, I believe bought her from Tom Hayhoe - who, I think had her for about fifteen years. I know she was owned by Caroline Martin for a while as well - not sure before that.
She has had a couple of modifications since new: New C/b case and bouyancy tank under the mast fitted a couple of years ago when the old c/b case disintegrated. The hatchet c/b she originally had is long gone. Apart from that, she's largely unchanged from the original.
Results wise - it's fair to say, in spite of George's kind comments above, her best days/helms are behind her but she still does well at club level and at A/C level in various opens and can suprise the newer boats in the right weather. Her last B/W was 2003 at Looe - got somewhere in the 20s in a light week which was pretty good - 4th a/c boat.
I'd be interested to see any old pics/stories of her uploaded here. The only pic I have from before my time is in the Dorling Kindersly book of sailing (there's fame for you!)I'll add a couple of my own shortly.

Brian

jeki3111

undergoing a fairly major modification session @ th mo, not sure when she'll be bak on the water :( hope to be bak doing open meetings @ summ point in th very near future

jackie

Stuart Hopson

I picked up 3111 for my fiancee, Debi, yesterday.
Debi has sailed a few N12s over the years, and we will be puttin 3111 in the garage for a little tidy up and repaint over the coming weeks before '42', Debi and a new suit of alverbanks ;) are let lose on the midlands circuit!
:)

Tom Hayhoe

Tom Hayhoe

<html />

n12 Bottom Banner