National 12 - find out more...

THINKING OF GETTING INTO VINTAGE SAILING

Started by chopper, 17 May 2009, 01:32

« previous - next »

chopper

Hi guys ive been thinking of getting involved with vinatge sailing does anyone know of any free to good home clinker boats that would be a relativley easy project to play with

regards paul

tonyelgar

i have a friend who owns N2439, but i think she is still in essex where as he lives in N.wales now. I can call him and ask if he d be interested in doing a deal, she may need some work tho. a cracking clinker 12. or there was one on ebay?

tony
ex 2760/3255

Chadders

Hi Paul where abouts are you situated?  Vintage 12s do come up sometimes looking for a new home and free but it you need to be careful as the cost of bits and decent sails etc can soon make an initially cheap boat very expensive although the discussion pages are a good place to start looking for boats and if you find one, sails and equipment if needed to go with it.  12 owners are usually very generous with help, information and boats and equipment.  If you have a few quid N1777 Cinzano is on the for sale list and she is a cracker and well equipped and no I am not on a percentage!  The vintage series started on Saturday at Ripon with 9 boats from all over the country, we had great racing, a report should appear very soon I hope.  All the events are in the fixture list and the next one is at Yorkshire Ouse on the 6/7th June.  Give me a call if you want any more information or help, I am in the book and will be a Burton along with at least 6 other vintage boats.  Howard Chadwick Vintage Wing Representative. N2, N2266, N2769 and N33568)

chopper

hi thanks Howard I will be at burton Im coming down to help on beach hope to arrive on sunday night all being well.
I live in mersea island near colchester essex, ive got a crusader to sail with my 7 year old boy and just fancied a bit of vintage racing if i can find a boat.

regards Paul

n12 Bottom Banner