National 12 - find out more...

Sails wanted

Started by Alistair Edwards, 29 Mar 2010, 07:37

« previous - next »

Alistair Edwards

The mainsail that I inherited with my Tigress is getting very tatty. I have already used about 4 rolls of high performance sail repair tape and I am still getting more splits.
So I am on the hunt for a suitable set of good second hand sails. I have a Proctor Alpha mast (fairly bendy by aluminium mast standards) mast ram and a carbon fibre boom. Primarily for river sailing.
Has anybody got some suitable sails they would like to sell? I tried to use the For Sale/Wanted section of the website but it did not want to cooperate!
My phone number is in the 2010 booklet.
Fingers crossed.
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

GC

Hi Alistair
I now have sails down from loft and will take them to Spinnaker next weekend.
Is anyone  from Twickenham going  ?

Alistair Edwards

Hi Gerald.

Thanks for making an expedition up into the loft!

I'm afraid that nobody from Twickenham is going to the Spinnaker event, so I think our best option is to meet up somewhere en route.
If you plan to go the M25/M3route then Fleet services on the M3 would make sense, or somewhere close to the M3/A322 junction at Lightwater.

Alternatively if you plan to go via the North Circular we could arrange to meet somewhere on your way through to the M3. Early on a Sunday morning there would not be much traffic on the North Circular.

I don't want to delay you getting down to Spinnaker, so whatever location is the most convenient for you.

Many thanks
Alistair
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

n12 Bottom Banner