National 12 - find out more...

HYKEHAM SC open meeting (27th &) 28th April

Started by Steve (Guest), 11 Apr 2013, 10:23

« previous - next »

Steve (Guest)

NOR including full details should appear on the website shortly. The important details are as follows:
The open meeting will be held on Sunday 28th April and is part of the Midland area circuit. There will be a briefing at 11:00 and racing will start at 11:30. Food will be available throughout the day.
Included in the weekend event is the Under 21 championships to be held on Saturday 27th April. Gerald Copsey will be posting full details shortly, but the basics are Briefing at 11:30 and Race 1 at 12:00.
Visitors are welcome to camp at the club, tents or motorhomes.
For catering purposes it would be useful to have an idea of numbers likely to want feeding, so it would be appreciated if you could post here or Email me (address in the handbook).
We don't have the weed problem we had at the end of last season and the water level is high, so we should get some great sailing. I look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it.
Regards,
Steve
N3531

Steve (Guest)

For anyone waiting to make a last minute decision the weather forecast is looking good for the weekend at Hykeham, some sunshine and 10 to 14 mph winds, so come and join what looks like being a small, but competitive fleet based on the direct responsed I have received.
The previous post on the U21 event should have said 12 - 17mph wind for Saturday.

Regards,

Steve<br style="color: #1d1f22; font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial; line-height: 18px; background-color: #f2f5f7;" />N3531

GC

Copsey family will be there. Hykeham is always a good place to sail

Luke

Hi guys, that was a good weekends sailing and the wind showed up in force! Thanks to all that organised things. I'm currently uploading the photos to photobucket please find the link below, Thanks to Richard Wood and Mrs Copsey for the photos and apologies for not going through and deleting some - I'm just too tired! Hope to see you all at the champs.

Luke
http://s661.photobucket.com/user/lukepepper/library/

GC

Great weekends sailing for the competitors. Thanks to all at Hykeham. A few race officers should go to see how Sam Mason organises a race. No messing about and a fast turnaround on the back to back races.
Great value for money as always.
Congratulations to Steve for winning despite losing two crews(very careless) before lunch. 
Gerald

Martin (Guest)

Great racing on Sunday very hot competition a bit too hot for me. Shame the same cant be said for my poor crew who ended up with three swims and a case of advancing hyperthermia... First time in a 12 I think she liked it! Thanks to all who organised the day and those who travelled hope you had a good time! Sorry i could not stay but see you next time! Martin 3458. :)

n12 Bottom Banner