National 12 - find out more...

New sails / new boat/ new class?

Started by andyp, 13 Oct 2006, 04:00

« previous - next »

Mike S

So thats at least 5 Crusaders on Saturday then. Any more coming out of the "wood"-work?
Mike
N3274

THG

as long as you're all trailing after the Holy Grail I'll be happy  ;)

the more ACers we get the better - seems to be a few first timers but I'm sure we can all have some fun out there - then you'll know to come out to play next year too.

King Arthur: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.
French Soldier: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he will be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.
King Arthur: What?
Sir Galahad: He said they've already got one!
King Arthur: Are you sure he's got one?
French Soldier: Oh yes, it's very nice!

The Holy Grail was wood too!

THG

TomStewart (Guest)

Interesting reading.

We publish our tuning guide at www.pinbax.com     (It might help) go to the sailloft section.
I will also be at Grafham and am generally approachable and happy toi talk N12 tuning /sailing or call 01604 592808  Advice is free.

Tom

jammy dodger

I agree with Dave Wilkins, he is a real hero and has encouraged me and all the other Spinnaker N12's all along. Blimey, he even lets me beat him once a season (next season I'm negotiating for two wins). I started sailing at Spinnaker three seasons ago and was complete rubbish, I have kept at it and the rewards are there if you do. The 12 is not the easiest to sail, but stick at it and the results will come. My boat (just sold) is awesome in very light wind on the lake at Spinnaker, 2 years ago I thought it was rubbish, but it was me ~ not the boat!!
I have to say that new sails made a lot of difference to my boat speed, but knowing where to sit and learning how to sail the boat has made just as much difference.
Next year I am hoping to escape and get to more open meetings, I know from previous excursions this is the best way to learn. Most 12 sailors are great people and only too helpful, long live the class!
Simon
N?

Jimbo41

Simon,

maybe see the same development in Passion Pudding when I start to sail her too... :o

Feeling pretty crappy today - just put Nuttyshell (Tigress) away for Winter yesterday... Sniff  :'(

Jim N3130 (wood - kinda good)

n12 Bottom Banner