National 12 - find out more...

N2717 Pipkin Poll

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 17 Mar 2007, 09:34

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2717 Pipkin Poll.  Design: China Doll, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1967.            
Boat name spelling corrected from Pipkin Doll following post of 17 January 2007 

angus

Name is actually Pipkin Poll. She was my first National 12. we bought her from somebody called Smith (Can't remember first name) down near London some where in about 2002 collected her just after the newyear and took in a visit to the boat show. She was in mint condition when we got her having hardly been sailed in her first 29 years. She was great as a first 12 as there was nothing you could ajust other than the kicking strap which was a winch type that periodically came off while sailing. After taking her to the Scottish championships in 06 and coming 5th out of 5 and to the Inlands at Scaling dam where dispite showing reasonable speed off the wind our windward performance was so awfull that we were lapped I sold her to somebody North of Inverness to buy N3208 . We have yet to show any dramatic improvement in performance, but thats another story

Here we are at Loch tummel with a stuck dangly pole.
To be technical for a minute she was impact built with a domed fordeck which I was told was comon in the Impact built Cheshire cats but not in the China Dolls
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Richard

N2717 on E-bay today looks good to.

Parasenior

Bruce Smith

More information on N2717 Pipkin Poll.  I owned this lovely boat from new until  2002 and sailed her at Queen Mary Sailing Club and Papercourt Sailing Club with my family.  I lived then and still live in Oxshott, Surrey

n12 Bottom Banner