National 12 - find out more...

Bloody Mary

Started by John Meadowcroft, 24 Dec 2008, 12:29

« previous - next »

johnk

If QM has a temperature today of 18.9 deg C, their thermometer must be inside the clubhouse!

jon711

Acorriding to THe Y&Y website Tony Stewart got thrid!!!! Congratulations to Kevin and Jane for second plane ans to TOM and Liz for third......

Regards
Jon Thompson

Mike S (Guest)

Graham led the 8 12's for a good while but was gradually reeled in by Tom and Kevin. It looked nip & tuck at the end from further back. Windshifts after an hour turned the course into a series of close reaches and one-legged beats, killing the chances of the spinnaker boats and the wind went to zero in the last 20 mins. It was COOOOOOOLD. My boat must have weighed several kg heavier by the end with all surfaces having a covering of ice, sheets solid, slush all over the floor and icicles off the gunwhales. It was like sailing an ice rink inside a cold store.
Fun though!

Mike
N3491

John Meadowcroft

http://www.queenmary.org.uk/clubRacing/openResults.asp  A really good turnout of Twelves - well done all.

Dare Barry (Guest)

What a great effort. This must be the best way to promote ourselves. According to Yachts and Yachting Tony Stewart did very well!! Who is Tony? Also I did like the photo of the Vice Chairman praying to his boat before the start. Is Kevin tuning up for the Burton.
Cheers Dare

Crusader 3244

Yep, we are on the up!
This is a huge opportunity. The manufactures one design (MOD) type thinghies are placed at a huge diadvantage. They are manufactured abroad and and largely sold to people who had been buying on credit.
So the falling pound and credit squeeze are a double whammy for them. And apparentley they are BORING!
 Do all you can to support UK builders of all dinghies - even the low tech ones - but especilly our beloved TWELVE! God Bless everone of them and all who sail in them.
Times may be tight. So what, the old sails will make do for now, and it's great fun on the water whether big or small.
We have enthusiasm in bucket loads. We'll show 'em.

(Footnote to John Meadowcroft; there's no shortage of enthusiasm on my ship but I confess I do not possess skill and ability in quite the same measure)

Smile everyone; "This time next year we will all be millionaires!"
Chris, 3244

n12 Bottom Banner