National 12 - find out more...

4plank series

Started by STU W, 31 Mar 2014, 09:24

« previous - next »

STU W

Are street legals considered 4 planners because, even though it says to the contrary in the handbook, they were designed before the double curvature rules were changed. Just they are not mentioned on the poster. Or is it that people won't sail them unless it's force 4 or above. Can be sailed very quickly in absolutely no wind at all
12's are for life not just for christmas.

smilie

Good question if you look in the data base all the wooden ones are listed as 4 plankers and all the others a listed either GRP or foamsandwich. I'm confussed :-/ I guess the glass ones are a bit more 'round' than the wooden ones maybes?
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

paul turner

Greetings!
To clarify that wooden Street Legals are welcome at the Four Plank series as per the listings - sorry about the oversight!
"Smilie" is right.
Poster is being revised accordingly.
I look forward to seeing you Mr "STU W" at Ely and/or TVSC and/or Olton Mere!
Cheers, Paul N2750

STU W

So are we saying here that the waller and Parker glass legals are not allowed, seems odd as they are, I presume, an identical shape to the few wood legals that were built and were still designed prior to the double curvature rules being introduced. Don't want to buy a glass Legal and find I can't enter any 4 plank events

paul turner

I don't think any of the Street Legals are wooden anyway?

The raison d'etre for the Four Plank series is to dig out all the old cheap and cheerful wooden boats rather than the plastic ones which qualify as Admirals Cup.

There's been a few Cheshire Cats about recently; I might even know where there is one very very cheap lurking in a barn near J25 M1; basically sound with mast boom sails etc but it needs some TLC.

Paul 8)

STU W

There are a few Paul, 3063 pepermint, springs to mind built by Jo and Nigel. Just want a Street Legal as learnt to sail in one many moons ago but also want to sail in 4 plank series.... Can I please have a definitive answer by any chance as they do comply to the planked rules of the day And I am sure plastic ones were taken from a mould of 3063.

NTOACertification

Stu
Obviously if the boat is wooden and is a four plank boat it qualifies. The oversight was forgetting to inlcude it as an allowed Glass design.
The qualification was worded so to not allow the glass ( smoother Chapters and the like)
Kevan Bloor

STU W

Thanks for the clarification Kevin, much appreciated

n12 Bottom Banner