National 12 - find out more...

N3215 The Fixx

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 18 Oct 2007, 05:29

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3215 The Fixx.  Design: Crusader, designed by Phil Morrison in 1981
Original boat name: Gone West.

AndyE

Currently based at Bristol Avon Sailing Club, looks to be in good condition

MikeDay

The Fixx was built by Spud Rowsell and finished off by Brian Herring, from whom I bought the boat around 1984.  It was really pretty at that time, and the current name is the one I gave it.  We sailed the boat around the Midland circuit and then took it over to Jersey for a few years.  The last main event we sailed in was the Paignton Burton in 1991.  I then sold it - can't recall who to - but saw it around a few times after that.  Very happy memories - glad to see it's still being loved.

Mike D
N3496

Mat

AndyE, you spied right.  I bought the boat from a chap in Torbay a couple of years ago to learn to sail in.  We sailed for a season at Bristol Avon.  After sorting the river tacking out, I moved it to Chew Valley Lake for some planing action.  We're still there.
Mat.

MikeDay

Here's one from the archives - The Fixx at the Paignton Burton in 1991.  This was the first time Anne and I raced together.  At this moment, she had just fallen on the thwart and broken it!

Mike D
N3533

Jon H

The Fixx was in the boat graveyard at Chew Valley with broken gunwales and water damaged decks.I took the boat over and began repairs in Oct 2013.Should be ready soon and good to be back in twelves after many years.I formerly owned 3022,Hatful of Hollow, and 3200,Bagpuss.

Jon H

We relaunched "The Fixx" today at Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club. :)  Here is a link to our blog diary showing before, during and after pictures:
http://fixingthefixx.wordpress.com/

n12 Bottom Banner