National 12 - find out more...

Trent Valley GILL Open 12/13 May 2007

Started by paul turner, 30 Apr 2007, 08:00

« previous - next »

paul turner

It's May Time - so it must be the (not to missed!) Trent Valley Open Meeting again! And it's another special year at TVSC - this is the centenary year of our clubhouse, and, we believe, the 70th anniversary of the first N12 open here at Trent Lock. The GILL meeting on 12/13 May is the first of three events for N12s this year, the others being the Summer Ball weekend 30th June/1st July with the Classic & Vintage Mob and the Vintage & 4 PLank meeting on Saturday 22nd September.

For the GILL meeting on 12/13 May, first Race Saturday 13.00, second race after a late lunch and possibly a crews race (if time and tide allow!) after tea.There will be a talk by Kevan Bloor about sails(!) at 19.00 followed by supper at 20.00 (with a folk band afterwards). Sunday breakfast at 08.00 and race 3 at 10.30, race 4 at 12.00 (ish), with the last race after lunch.

A downloadable entry form will be available soon, but it would greatly help planning and catering if you could let us know of your intention to join us by emailing paul.turner@lingphipp.co.uk. Thanks

MikeDay

Paul

You can count us in for the sailing (though not for the evening event as family commitments will take priority), providing Anne's ankle recovers.

Mike D
N3496

Roly Mo

Is it possible to qualify by just doing Sunday?  Big day at Ripon SC on the Saturday (official start of the club 50th anniversary celebrations) so tied up with that on the 12th but if I could qualify by sailing on the Sunday only I might come down with Xanthus.

Bernard

paul turner

Hi Bernard - 4 out of five to qualify, but this is not putting off Kevin who is coming for the Saturday racing and evening meal only so I hope you can join us even if it is only for the Sunday (three races).

Verbal comfirmation of entries is now into double figures!

Ring that number! (07710 324800 charged at normal rates!)
Post that form!
Make that entry!
Sent that cheque!

Even if sailing on the river with those close banks, trees and pleasure boats makes it so scary in your new boat BK (from FOS)!

andyp

Hi Paul,

Charlotte and I will be bringing Sky Witch back for the weekend, new sails and river sailing (like home) we're looking forward to it.

I found the details o the website but can't see the entry form, is it me?

Andy Prior 3353 :)

rosie

For those travelling to trent valley next weekend, there is no access to the A52 eastbound from M1 J25.

Use either junction 24 or 26. ( If coming from J26 be aware that there are roadworks on the junction of the A52 and B6003 and you can only turn left onto the A52).

rosie

MikeDay

Anne's ankle not recovering very quickly ... anyone fancy sailing with me next weekend?  Please post here or email anne@annemurch.co.uk.  Cheers.

(ps: Paul, if you know anyone at TVSC who might be available ...?)

Mike D
N3496

JohnMurrell

I think Derek Davies is looking for a little person for the front end of Silk Purse too.

paul turner

Greetings! And a message for the crewless (ie Mike Day, Derek Davis and possibly Nick Gill hisself if his knees are OK)! We are circulating TVSC members today and will post back asap! Paul  ;D

THG

I have one spare crew (#2) - Elliot - 10 years old (looks older / taller) and getting quite experienced in the front of various 12s.

Will be bringing both crews up for weekend away.

Kean

THG

THG

There are some older proper directions still on the web under the 2006 TVSC entry;

http://www.national12.org/events/2006/GillSeries/entry_form_TrentValley.pdf

I won't find it without these!!
THG

grazz

We'll be there Paul, can you ask the caterer to lay on 2 veggie meals please?  :)

james

[quote by=Kean link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1177916415,s=11 date=1178614211]I have one spare crew (#2) - Elliot - 10 years old (looks older / taller) and getting quite experienced in the front of various 12s.

Will be bringing both crews up for weekend away.

Kean

[/quote]

Do you think i'd be able to steal your spare crew? as i'm still short of one.

james
N3482

n12 Bottom Banner