National 12 - find out more...

HAS ANYONE GOT A SLOT RUDDER AND STOCK

Started by chopper, 15 Jul 2009, 11:24

« previous - next »

chopper

Hi Im after a slot rudderand stock that they want to sell for a super cheap price dont mind working on it even if its just a stock or just a rudder its a start would like to addapt it to fit on my crusader.

regards Paul
tel 07960 874365

sam293

dagger board rudders are pretty rare and mostly carbon, your best option is to make your own unless you wanna go spending hundreds.

as you were saying you sail around lots of shallows your much better off with a normal lifting rudder.

chopper

I need a rudder that does not have to be all up or all down thats the problem where i sail slot rudder would be the best option I made one on my cherub years ago just wondered if anyone had a home made job have not got time to start from scratch new baby just born.
will have time in winter for next year but would be nice for now to get hold of something that stops me getting stuck in the mud( I know where shallow are just need to be able to sil through them

mutt

I guess if you've got a lifting rudder you could build a stock that it drops verically into- actually building a stock that has parrallel sides rather than a naca section is considerably easier. Its as simple as building the right size box out of plywood and wrapping it in carbon or class fiber. That suffices for my cherub and its under a considerable load. reinforce at the pintles and stick on a tube. Easier done than said ...... maybe!
Matt
N3486

n12 Bottom Banner