National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week Measurement

Started by John Meadowcroft, 31 Jul 2006, 08:27

« previous - next »

John Meadowcroft

THG

I checked my mast - it is white (carbon) and has a top band in tape - plus  alower black one at the gooseneck.  Weight is on the mast but as far as I can tell nothing else.

In the note the measurement needs to be scribbbed - what measurement / how best to add the measurement?  

Not sure on garavity centre too...

Thx,

Kean
BW Virgin
THG

John Murrell (Guest)

Kean,

the weight was scribed on the mast and I then marker pened over it. Also the s/line and c of g were gone in the same way! Hope that helps

John

John Meadowcroft

THG

Yes - its me again - re-cecked my certificate, baot shows as 73.5kg plus cb at 5kg, with 2kg of correctors (1kg each) - total = 80.5kg.  John Murell removed the correctors when sorting out boat etc and they're not with the boat.

Assuming the boat has not loats any significant weight in last 15 years since being measured last and the weight limit is now 78kg am I right in assuming the boat will need to be re-weighed but if its underweight now there would be no charge for a change to the certificate?  I've not had an opportunity to sort out a re-weigh before now and to be honest just forgeot about it soon after purchasing the boat.

I'm sure the boat is probably over the weight now (I know I'm not at optimal sailing weight too  :()

Travel permitting hope to be there for official weighing times.

Kean
THG

THG

Yes - its me again - re-cecked my certificate, baot shows as 73.5kg plus cb at 5kg, with 2kg of correctors (1kg each) - total = 80.5kg.  John Murell removed the correctors when sorting out boat etc and they're not with the boat.

Assuming the boat has not loats any significant weight in last 15 years since being measured last and the weight limit is now 78kg am I right in assuming the boat will need to be re-weighed but if its underweight now there would be no charge for a change to the certificate?  I've not had an opportunity to sort out a re-weigh before now and to be honest just forgeot about it soon after purchasing the boat.

I'm sure the boat is probably over the weight now (I know I'm not at optimal sailing weight too  :()

Travel permitting hope to be there for official weighing times.

Kean
THG

n12 Bottom Banner