National 12 - find out more...

Andrew Turner

Started by John Meadowcroft, 31 May 2007, 10:33

« previous - next »

John Meadowcroft

Dear all

I am sad to let you know that Andrew Turner, NTOA Class Chairman 1984-1986 died on 26th May.  Andrew built many 12s, led the celebrations forthe Class' 50th anniversary in 1986 and produced a "Boat Building Book" to help guide an inspire amateur wood builders.  Andrew remained an Associate Member of the Class having sold his las 12.

I am sure that many of you will have memories of some good times sailing 12s with and against Andrew.

John Meadowcroft

DavidW

This is sad news

Andrew was a larger than life character and a very talented craftsman. He built some very beautiful Twelves including two for us. His enthusiasm fo the class and for life in general was inspirational. His energy seemed endless and saw him restoring a classic Triumph TR4A at the same time as building 2 National Twelves over a few months, all in his "spare time", and delivering all to programme.

His death comes after a battle with cancer which has been going on since 2004 and which he refused to allow to prevent him from enjoying life and sailing.

Andrew's funeral will be at Porchetser Crematoriam next Wednesday.

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

icecreamman

I remember sailing against Andrew way back when things like Cheshire Cats were the business in the early mid seventies. A nice chap sorely missed.

n12 Bottom Banner