National 12 - find out more...

Steve Nicholson Memorial Race

Started by Jane Wade, 30 Nov 2009, 07:45

« previous - next »

Jane Wade

Dear All
Another opportunity to show off in the N12 (other than Bloody Mary, Grafham Grand Prix, Battle of the Classes etc) is at Northampton Sailing Club on Saturday 30th January at the Steve Nicholson Memorial Race.  Two races with a break for lunch in between and a chance to watch another fleet over a pasty.
All proceeds from the event go to Asthma Research and usually raises around the £2k mark.
Please come along and support - you are guaranteed to be sailing against other 12s.
Jane

Mikey C (Guest)

Back to the top for this one - I'll be there, albeit in my winged beastie. Would be good to see some 12's on the water!

Chris Troth

I'll be there sailing 3412 with Pip :)
Chris

tom white

I and Maz will be coming and bringing along Le Shed :)

Tom White N2765

terry c

3517 will also be attending, always a good event.

Laura.Anne.N3412

I'm available on that date if anyone is in need of a crew. Had plenty of experience in the front of a 12 and have been to many open meetings. Have battled all types of weather, worst being sailing with Graham Camm at Grafham Water in October, that was wild! Any replies would be appreciated.

Laura Humphrey. OMSC

Jane Wade

Roly Mo

Great cause in memory of a good friend.  Really sorry we can't be there.
RM

andyp

I think we're going to be there in Crouching tigger, what time does it start and do we need to enter in advance?

andyp

I think we are going to be there in 3465 Crouching tigger, what time does it start and do we need to enter in advance?

Kevin

Andy, have to agree it is extraordinarily difficult to find anything about this event, neither the NSC nor P&B web-sites have anything obvious on them. However, I understand the first race start is at 11.00. It has never been necessary to enter in advance in the past. Despite the apparent lack of promotion, this is a popular event so the advice is to get there early to secure a parking space near the clubhouse.

See you on the 30th.

Kevin

GC

I will be there, crewing for Nick - Have been all winter so look out for him at the junior events this year.
Gerald  3411

GC

Congratulations to Northampton  and especially Tom and Charlotte for a great days sailing superbly organised with extremely good value food.
Amazed to see how so many boats were able to get in and out of the club with such ease.
I understand that over £3000 was raised so well done to all who helped.  
Looking forward to Burghfield.
GC 3411

n12 Bottom Banner