National 12 - find out more...

Main Menu

N1107 Jo

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 16 Mar 2007, 12:05

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1107 Jo. Design: Mark 2, designed by: Ian Proctor in 1952

Martin Priest

Jo now lives in SW France having been refurbished in 2011. Part new keelson planking and ribs.
I have photos but dont understand how to download!!

Jeremy C

Martin, love to see the pics, if you send them to me at jeremy@designs42.net, I'll put them on for you.

Rgds

Jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

Martin sent me some lovely pics of Jo  to upload for him. here are the first two showing the work he has done in France on her...

Mail I received from Martin giving a bit of history both of the boat and his time in 12's in the past:

'Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for offering to sort out the pictures. I bought Jo about 18 months ago from a guy in Hereford where she had been lying for 20 years after his kids had stopped sailing and brought her to the Aveyron in SW France. There was a lot of rot around the centreboard case , bottom planking and ribs all of which I have replaced with the help of epoxy and a little strategic tape. At the first launch she was incontinent along the bilge keel runners but a little more tape under the runners has fixed that. After she has taken up now only leaks a little.We have a huge reservoir, Lac de Paraloup about 1 hour from here where we, wife and I, did our first sail. I was brought up in Cadets, Nat 12s (N1827 Herr Kutt) Lasers,Squibs,  Sonatas and offshore but Susan had never been in a dinghy before.
It didn't work out for her. Jo sailed well and the sails were better than expected.
I have 2 sets of cottons as well.
Will probably sell her on and look for a single hander. It will be interesting to see what sort of response I get down here. When I get my act together I shall try to send some pics of Herr Kutt, my brothers 'Squatty Roo' and friends 'Mister Saggers'

Regards

Martin'
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

and another..

Jeremy C

final two, and she looks beautiful!

n12 Bottom Banner